• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Distance of my irons

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Anyone ever hit a 1 iron?...Thin,and in cold weather? I haven't for a very long time but THAT hurts:(

My buddy has one. MacGregor Tour Edition, from the 50's or 60's. I dinged it off the toe once.

I thought my hand was about to fall off. And the ball only went about 60 yards. And I thought I was a decent ballstriker... :laugh:

OP
par5in4

par5in4

Dec 24, 2007
Years ago when I thought I was good I wanted to get one. But now.....no thanks! I'd be starting a new thread with the title, "Why does my 7i go farther than my 1i?" I don't need to hear the answers to that one.

Jun 24, 2006
And that's what I did to "fix" my problem. I get a more consistent launch angle with the hybrids and mishits are a lot closer to ideal than the long irons were. I still love my 3i and 4 i and would love to get the 4i, at least, back in the bag but I hit the hybrids so much more consistently I just can't do it.

I wasn't happy with the height of my 3 irons, even on well struck shots so I picked up a hybrid. It definatly flys higher but I hook the ball with it and just don't have the confidance to pull it out If I can't miss the shot to the right(LHgolfer). So, I put the 3 iron back in the bag and hit little cuts with it, but..not as high as I would like. The ball dosn't wanna stop when it hits the hard greens. But, I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.