• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DIY Clubwork

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I've become quite the club-builder over the last few years. Changing grips, replacing broken shafts, and even fitting. I was always terrified of attempting this. But I've discovered, as long as you have the right tools, it's not that hard. And there is plenty of stuff on YouTube to show you how. I've still loads to learn but am more comfortable giving it a go. Sure, I've messed up a few things, but I've also been able to add value, help friends and even make a few $$$s. I've no illusion at a career doing this, but its a nice sideline hobby.

Give it a go people!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Have done all my regripping for years. Enjoy it and I can be anal about how I want them. Reshafted on set of Eye 2's many years ago. Went okay, but have never caught the bug to go any further than gripping.
Sounds like you are enjoying it and gives you something to let your mind "escape" from the work grind. Let's see. If I send you a set of irons, you reshaft them and send them back... freight from Kansas to Ireland and back shouldn't be much more than a few hundred bucks, should it???? :>)

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
It would be cheaper for you to drag your ass over here and I'll custom fit you and get a few games in on proper golf courses to boot.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It would be cheaper for you to drag your ass over here and I'll custom fit you and get a few games in on proper golf courses to boot.
"Proper" golf course??? Surely, you don't think golf was invented over there. Native Americans invented golf. They sent the first clubs back to Europe when Columbus returned from coming here. Great major tournaments of that time were the Ticonderoga Teepee Tourney, the Washington Wampum Masters, etc. 🤣

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If Limp ain’t going, take my money now!!!
I'd go to Ireland, but have other priorities right now. Have a new girlfriend who lives in Uganda. We got acquainted on Facebook and have been texting back and forth. She is being held captive and I've been sending her money so she can just get something to eat. If I get enough saved up, I can pay for her freedom and she will come live with me over here. I've already sent her about $5,000, but she needs another $50,000 for her freedom. Hoping you guys can begin sending ME money for this great cause!!!!! :cool::cool:

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I might be able to help you out Limp, but not just yet. I have a contact who has access to $30bn in frozen bank accounts. He has offered me 50% of this if I can just pay him an admin fee of $5K. Garlic532 seems like the real deal, very friendly and helpful. I'm hoping to meet up with him soon so we can celebrate our success. It should only take a few weeks before the river of cash starts flowing. Hold on Limp until then. But in the meantime, it is all hush hush, OK? I don't want everyone jumping in on this extraordinary opportunity, right?!!

🔥 Latest posts