• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you take that Divot with your Irons?

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
I have to actually hit my irons first lol.
Why is the driving range and the actual course so different lol.
Course I played today is hmmmm. Not good condition at all. Hard ground,bare dry areas .
Layout not too hard though.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The Good Lord only put a certain number of swings in these bodies. We don't know that number and when we will use them up. So, why waste them on a driving range. Just go play!!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
The Good Lord only put a certain number of swings in these bodies. We don't know that number and when we will use them up. So, why waste them on a driving range. Just go play!!!

I do actually see the merit in time spent on the range, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it!! After a long Canadian winter break, or time away from the game for whatever reason, I do “shake off the rust” on the range. BUT it’s so boring, standing in the same spot, hitting shot after shot and not chasing it... What’s the point of that????

I’m a player, to me playing 9 alone is the same as time on the range. The quieter the course the more practicing I can accomplish. Am also a divot taker with irons, they get a little larger when I get into wedges. I attribute that to swinging down a little harder with them for spin. With all irons and my hybrid, my goal is always to hit little ball before the big one. Doing so creates divots from a downward strike.

🔥 Latest posts