• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you trash talk?

nc2tarheels

Mar 15, 2009
I play with 3 of my best friends. We always play 2 vs 2. We never trash talk if we're with someone else or playing with another group, but if it's all 4 of us, we trash talk GALORE! We do it CONSTANTLY! lol. Anyone else do this? Granted, there's always money or a free round of golf on the line, so we do it to get in the others head. Anyone else do it? What's some of your good lines? (I ask about the lines cause I saw someone's sig say "the best wood in your bag is your pencil" and I'm gonna use that line next time cause we always rag one of our buddies about writing lower scores on his card). lol.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
With close friends a good ribbing goes a long way to making a very enjoyable round....

With people i do not know, or i know they dont enjoy that kind of thing, doesnt happen.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I mostly play tourneys or practice rounds for tourneys, so no trash talk there.

On the other hand, the Shottalk outing in TN in a few weeks will probably feature a few needles. :)

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
It just depends. With close friends yeah sometimes... but not to excess where it just gets annoying and childish.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I do sometimes with twofast. We encourage each other more than anything though. Neither one of us wants to see the other play bad.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Not too much with my buddies. Too serious; their games would be thrown off and they'd be furious lol.

I'm gonna trash talk clark if we play in June, though.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Not too much with my buddies. Too serious; their games would be thrown off and they'd be furious lol.

I'm gonna trash talk clark if we play in June, though.

:biglol:

No trash talk needed...i already know your going to hand my ass to me on a silver platter.....i'm cool with it :D

You'll be jealous when I show up with a car full of chickens. Remember, there are no restuarants in this wilderness.

And if your bringing chickens apparently there are no strip clubs out there either eh?:p

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I have a "scratch" trash talk game with most of the regulars I play with but, it's all in fun. I too play in a lot of tournaments and I am always very encouraging to the members of my group in those situations.

Here's a good question to ask one of your buddies: "Do you inhale or exhale on your backswing?"

A nice reply to when they are begging for shots "You can have tetnus, parvo, or distemper....makes no difference to me."

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
With friends definitely, it can get brutal at times but it's all in good fun. With strangers, nope & never ever. In fact I tend to ignore them & just play my own game. I realize that may make me appear to be snobby or something but I just don't enjoy interacting with people I do not know in any way.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I play with 3 of my best friends. We always play 2 vs 2. We never trash talk if we're with someone else or playing with another group, but if it's all 4 of us, we trash talk GALORE! We do it CONSTANTLY! lol. Anyone else do this? Granted, there's always money or a free round of golf on the line, so we do it to get in the others head. Anyone else do it? What's some of your good lines? (I ask about the lines cause I saw someone's sig say "the best wood in your bag is your pencil" and I'm gonna use that line next time cause we always rag one of our buddies about writing lower scores on his card). lol.

Some good-natured kidding, yes occasionally, but not what I'd call trash talk. I play a lot of tournaments, and most of my casual golf is still played with some of the same guys. We show proper respect for each other on the course, but we do still have fun as well.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
When I play with my sons, and close friends, Oh yeah. When me and my oldest step son, who is pretty evenly matched with me, it gets brutal sometimes. But we both enjoy it and laugh it off.

But when I'm in a tourny, or playing with strangers, then no, no trash talking.

My favorite line I ever used on my step-son was, when I out drove him by a good 25-30 yards one time. I asked if he had heard about the new WalMart they were building? When he asked where, I replied, between your ball and mine.

alstott_27

Apr 1, 2008
I agree when im playing with new folks or during my league play and tourny's I keep it friendly. We try to encourage more then heckle but when Im out with a couple of my good buddies trash talk all we can but in good fun. There is one guy in particular that I am not that fond of and I tend to give him a real hard time. he is one of those golfers who tries to give you advice on everything he thinks your doing wrong but shoots 10 over what you shoot so I really give him a hard time.

My favorite line to use when hasselin guys on the course

When a putt is left short or they duck it barely past the womens tees
"Im suprised your husband let you play today"

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.