• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch?

• Total voters

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
I've been doing a fair amount of traveling lately, and I must say that having a cell phone is great, not only for the seamless connectivity but also for the fact that the time changes automatically as you switch time zones. This has gotten me thinking about how many people still wear a wrist watch, as cell phones have saturated the market (well, at least here in the US) and therefore made them fairly superfluous. This may be particularly true among our younger members.

So what do you say? Do you all still use watches, or are they a throwback to an earlier era? Do you wear them all the time, or more as jewelry, or a status symbol (Rolex, etc). I know that I have a Swiss Army Watch that has a compass that I wear whenever I travel, and I still strap on a watch every morning as part of my normal attire. Am I a Neanderthal? Wade on in.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I have an $80 watch that looks more expensive than it is. I only wear it for show basically when I dress nice. Forget wearing one playing golf. I wore one with a link band when I first started playing one day and it literally exploded. 3 links broke on the same shot. I use my cell phone for time. I have an uncanny knack for knowing the time anyway. I can usually guess within 10-15 minutes at any point during the day.

OP
Farquod

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Rockford35 said:
Yes, you are. But that has nothing to do with your watch, sasquatch. :D

R35

I knew you couldn't resist... ;)

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I have two but haven't worn them in months and my cell phone is the reason. I noticed that even when I was wearing a watch I always checked my phone for the time. Since I don't like jewelry I couldn't see the point in wearing a watch anymore.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I carry my phone in my pocket (tell me you goons don't wear them on your hip). If I pulled my phone out to check the time, it'd be really obvious that I don't want to be where I am.

A watch is much more subtle :)

Besides, watches are good accessories.

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
My watch just died. For the past three days, I keep staring at my arm like something is going to magically appear. I have a clock on my computer, on my phone, in my car, and just about every room in the house; but I still keep staring at my arm.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
1. Dont care what time it is usually. Am always way early for the Tee time so i can pitch and putt or hit a bucket. But do have the cell if i gotta know.
2. About 115yrds out, right up next to the pond in front of the green. well struck PW. Ball goes on the green, metal links style watch in the pond. Twenty years ago, havent worn a watch since, even without cellphone

Maverick

*mmuah*
Mar 23, 2005
I don't wear a watch when I play..heck, I don't even use a glove. I wear a watch if I'm not playing though.

Witmaster

Esprit de Corps
Jan 19, 2006
I wear a G-Shock that self-syncronizes with the Atomic Clock. It's pretty cool not having to ever set the time no matter where i go.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Witmaster said:
I wear a G-Shock that self-syncronizes with the Atomic Clock. It's pretty cool not having to ever set the time no matter where i go.

This sounds futuristic.

"Admiral, please synchronize the G-Shock with the Atomic clock, I don't want any surprises from the Romulans."

:D

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I wear a watch every day, but my cell phone stays in my car 99% of the time. I would much rather wear a watch than being tied to a cell phone. I use it so little I do prepaid, and make most of my long distance calls while in the car just to use up the time.

🔥 Latest posts