• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch?

• Total voters
OP
Farquod

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Silver said:
I carry my phone in my pocket (tell me you goons don't wear them on your hip). If I pulled my phone out to check the time, it'd be really obvious that I don't want to be where I am.

A watch is much more subtle :)

Besides, watches are good accessories.

I absolutely wear mine on my hip. <grunt>

However, I never have an audible ring on mine. It's always on hum. That way I can answer, or not, depending on the circumstance; I never have to interrupt anyone with whom I'm speaking.

What's up with those funky ringtones, anyway? Do people actually want to make a statement about who they are based on their ringtone? Puh-thetic IMHO.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
:D

My fancy shmancy phone lets me put mp3s on as ringtones, so I put one of my favourite songs on. Only problem is that I almost never hear it, hah.

Cell phones on hips are almost as bad as the janitor key thing on the belt. So tacky.

OP
Farquod

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Nah. It's all how you wear it, bud. Personally, I don't like carrying a bunch of things in my pocket, and though I've carried the phone that way, I'd rather not. Much easier on the belt.

Tacky are cell phones set to ring loudly in a social or business setting. Which is most times. Nothing like a little "Ahhhh, love to love ya baby" in the middle of a meeting.

I've heard this. It wasn't pretty. Funny, sure. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him around lately... :D

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
haha, we had a guy's phone go off in the middle of Tax a couple weeks ago with Beastie Boys "Ch-Check It Out"

While a lot of times it's just annoying, sometimes it can be funny

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I wear an Eco-Drive. Good scratch-resistant crystal. Titanium case. Great band that fits well. Waterproof to wherever. Perpetual date (really nice feature). Never needs a battery. Nothing fancy. Cost $350 but doesn't look fancy at all. Only thing it doesn't have is an illuminator for night-time use.

I wear a watch, even though I seldom have the need to look at the time. So I guess I wear it more as a fashion accessory. But since I can't stand fashion for fashion's sake, my watch has to be built right. Practical but not cheaply made.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
E,

I think we have the same watch.

I was in Birks about two weeks ago (it's a high end jewelry store here in Canada) and tried on some super high end Tags. You know, for the life of me, I can't understand why they are so expensive. Maybe if they came with a free dinosaur or something, but I could never justify the cost.

This is funny, because if I had the means, I'd buy a Lambourghini in a second. :D

Note: my lambourghini purchase would be offset by purchasing "green" power for my house...

R35

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Rockford35 said:
E,

I think we have the same watch.

I was in Birks about two weeks ago (it's a high end jewelry store here in Canada) and tried on some super high end Tags. You know, for the life of me, I can't understand why they are so expensive. Maybe if they came with a free dinosaur or something, but I could never justify the cost.

This is funny, because if I had the means, I'd buy a Lambourghini in a second. :D

Note: my lambourghini purchase would be offset by purchasing "green" power for my house...

R35

I feel the same way about Breitlings. I would love to get one, but can't get past the cost. My Eco-Drive is every bit as sturdy and functional for an eighth the cost. Just doesn't have that "pizzazz".

Mmmmm...Lamborghini.

OP
Farquod

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Well, I was gonna say, if you're going to go Italian, go Ferrari. Those little lambos are cute, but...

Then I thought better of it, and revised my thinking. If you're going to go Italian, go Longoria. :D
eva-longoria-2-gm_l5.jpg

OP
Farquod

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Talk about "sticker shock" eh? :D

Remember, dude, it ain't the years, it's the mileage.... ;)

🔥 Latest posts