• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does ANYONE like par 3 courses?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Ugh.. I played today with a fellow from work, just because it was close to there. The par on the course is 31, 4 3 3 4 3 3 4 4 3. Total 3750 yards. The last hole is a 110 ten yard down hill shot. I overshot the green with my pitching wedge. Honestly..

There's a 255 I overshot too. Only really excellent drive of the day. Hole 1 I drove about 240 then pitched it to within 5 feet (325 hole). Missed the put, saved for par. Damn thy anticipating a birdie!

I had to fork my 7 wood over to get fixed at the local golf place (and got ripped off so bad, 20$ to re-adhesive it :'( ) so I didn't have that with me, and I wanted it SO bad. I never teed off a 4 iron before today, so it didn't go over too well. I ended up trying to hit a real gentle 5 wood and all I did was kill some worms.

Zach (me) - 42 (+11)
Chris (kid from work) - 53 (+22)
JP (NEVER PLAYED BEFORE) - 56 (+25)

Kid that never played almost tied chris.. and Chris SHOULD'VE had a 13 on one hole. He refused to drop a ball, and kept driving them into the woods. I was feeling generous so I gave him a 9.

Surprisingly, the newbie hit a few excellent shots. Sank a 19 footer, had some really good iron shots.. can't swing for beans though. So much to learn.

Evenin' gents.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I enjoy executive courses like that every now and then. It's a "different" kind of challenge for some fun. And I'm no good.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
These courses show you where you're dropping strokes. Nobody likes being shown over and over where the deficiencies in your game lie, without getting the "attaboy" from the great drive or long iron. +11 over 9, +22 over 18, 94 on a standard par 72 course. Probably not too far from your hcp, no?

longiron

May 2, 2005
If my iron game is not on i will go to a par 3 course. There is one around here that is in better condition most of the time then alot of 18 hole courses.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
Iron play has always been the weakest part of my game, so playing par 3 courses is extremely frustrating.

And for those of you who live in or near Alabama and want a hard test of golf, play from the back tees at RT Jones Trail short courses. They are often significantly more difficult (and sometimes more fun) than the long courses.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Par 3's are EXCELLENT training gounds for your iron play. There is a par 3 near me where you can use a driver on only one hole out of 18...just what I need, I should get over there more often.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Since I couldn't drive for shit today, I should have been playing a par 3.

I made my best tee shots today on the 3s, and my partner put 5 balls in the woods and water on the 3s. :) Somedays....................

🔥 Latest posts