• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does it Rock???

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
So when we come over to the US and spend our British Money do we get them for quater price
icon12.gif
Sadly, that is the truth. Why more of you don't spend $900 round trip airfare, come over here, then smuggle a bag full of drivers back is beyond me.

Customs? Who says you can't play golf with 14 drivers? Mickelson uses two.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Sadly, that is the truth. Why more of you don't spend $900 round trip airfare, come over here, then smuggle a bag full of drivers back is beyond me.

Customs? Who says you can't play golf with 14 drivers? Mickelson uses two.

$900 isn't bad if you do that, especially if you burgle WBL while you're at it.

The fare is actually split into 5c for the outward leg and then costs $899.95 to get you back to blighty.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
$900 isn't bad if you do that, especially if you burgle WBL while you're at it.

The fare is actually split into 5c for the outward leg and then costs $899.95 to get you back to blighty.
That's what I'm saying. Or better yet, hop on the QE2 and smuggle 100 drivers back (I'm sure WBL's got that many.) You could pay for the whole trip, and pocket wads of cash. Getting the clubs on the boat in the US wouldn't really be a problem. You would look pretty foolish trying to haul ten golf bags off the boat in Southampton.:emot-ange

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Paul, you hit the ball low because you deloft through impact, the tee height of 3 feet that you have discovered is tricking your swing into holding off, and thus putting more loft on the ball.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Ebay away. I'll charge $32 for a driver or FWY head to be shipped to me and resent to UK. Yes, that's to include the shipping. Shafted clubs will have to be pulled, I can do it for heads only. I'll check on iron heads but I think I can do those as well, shafts would be mine to keep to do as I please as part of the deal though.
icon10.gif

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Ebay away. I'll charge $32 for a driver or FWY head to be shipped to me and resent to UK. Yes, that's to include the shipping. Shafted clubs will have to be pulled, I can do it for heads only. I'll check on iron heads but I think I can do those as well, shafts would be mine to keep to do as I please as part of the deal though.
icon10.gif

Damn you. Thats the exact thing I was thinking. This may be a large untapped market you're looking at here Ez.

Bossman641

Jan 10, 2007
I have no clue how you hit the ball with it teed up that high. Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but it just looks ridiculous.

I got my L4V out for its first round today. X with the Solutions shaft. Mixed results so far. It was my first round of the year. About 45, gusting wind, and no roll to speak as the fairways are soaked and haven't even been mowed yet this year. I hit a couple decent ones, hard to tell on the total distance though as my ball was collecting mud everytime it hit the ground.

I'm definitely not anywhere near mid-season form so I'll have to wait a month or so before I can give a true evaluation.

First thoughts - fights through the wind very well. Very forgiving. Have to really concentrate on firing through the ball. I hit one ball about 270 with a nice 5 yard draw down the middle. I felt like that swing would have been a snap hook with my previous driver, with this it was a nice tight draw. Can't get lazy on the follow through at all or you'll block it out right. I'm thinking this will be a good fit once I get my swing down and the weather warms up.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I think it's the angle of the picture. It tee's up with the bottom of the ball level with the top of the club face so it is on the high side. My normal tee height was just too low but when teed high it was just so easy to crush high, straight bombs.

🔥 Latest posts