• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does the PGA feel like a major to you?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Maybe its the Olympics stealing some thunder, but this years PGA doesn't have that "major" feel to it to me.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Maybe its Tiger not playing in it. Since its the least major like of the majors already, without Tiger or any big pizazz about it, and with the olympics, it just loses a bit of magic?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I admit, I'm bad about it...

I enjoy watching Majors more when Tiger is there.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I haven't watched any of the PGA & doubt I will. Without Tiger I really don't care who wins, it's like a 2nd class tournament.

APowell1990

Jan 6, 2006
lol I'm just throwing my 2 cents in here, but I HATE when people say that 1 person missing makes it a second class tournament. Golf is more interesting to me without Tiger for the most part. Seeing how the "field" reacts when they are in contention more

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Tiger draws SOOOO much to golf that saying that is not a stretch AT ALL.

Denying that would make you a moron.

APowell1990

Jan 6, 2006
Tiger does draw a lot of fans to the game and I'm sure most people hate Tiger not playing but I'm not one of them. I wouldnt care if he played, dont get me wrong but I love seeing other guys having to win big tournaments. It's like watching who would have been dominate in the NBA if MJ wouldnt have been playing

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Its just not as famous as the other majors. That said this might be a great finish today with Sergio and Padraig at the top of the leader board.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Yeah, it may not have quite the same feel as some of the other majors, but I have to say that Sergio and Harrington battling down the stretch is definitly some of the most entertaining golf that I have seen this year. Second probably to Tiger in the US Open.

Irish

May 9, 2007
that back nine was the most enjoyable golf i've ever had the pleasure to watch. two of my favourite golfers going right at pins, scrambling miraculous up and downs and holing some sensational putts. It sure felt like a major to me

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
lol I'm just throwing my 2 cents in here, but I HATE when people say that 1 person missing makes it a second class tournament. Golf is more interesting to me without Tiger for the most part. Seeing how the "field" reacts when they are in contention more

If you want to be the best you have to beat the best, Tiger wasn't there so paddy beat a 2nd class field.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I don't watch any tournaments that don't have Ben Hogan in them.

Are you people serious? You don't watch a tournament that doesn't have Tiger in it? Are you golfers, or groupies?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Tiger groupies!:prop:

I really don't watch all that much golf, would rather be playing the game instead of watching others play. Spent today golfing in the morning, then I was working on painting the trim on my garage.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best, Tiger wasn't there so paddy beat a 2nd class field.

This is ridiculous. Tiger isnt there, so this is the best field. Tiger isnt golf, the game goes on.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.