• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does this sound right? (R35)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm selling my rattling HiBore on ebay for a bargain total of £75.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=330058227728&rd=1&rd=1

I had a message from a prospective buyer that went as follows;-

Hi mate im a golf pro and have been looking for one of these drivers, couple of questions?
1: How old is the club?
2: Was the shaft fitted by Cleveland.
I ask these questions as the heads are fully sealed so removing the shaft wont get rid of the rattle. Also is the price listed your best price?? As i say im really interested.

I have also been told in a couple of pro shops that I took the club to try to get it repaired that it was actually the swing weight that was rattling around in the head and not apoxy?

As you can see I managed to turn the yellow writing on the sole black by heating it up with a blow torch when trying to do a diy fix myself, I think it actually looks better all black?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
That could become a new look for drivers. Smokin' HOT! :)

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have also been told in a couple of pro shops that I took the club to try to get it repaired that it was actually the swing weight that was rattling around in the head and not apoxy?

quote]

I'm just curious, how does the Swingweight rattle around? And if it does can i see it before you ship it, sounds like it would be something to see. I think the listing is quite clear and this guy, for being a "pro in a shop" doesnt seem as knowledgeable as he should be. We all know when the hibore was released, thats the oldest it possibly could be unless your on their staff....

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The heads are not permanantly sealed. They have a simple bore blug installed in them. Remove shaft, heat head and remove plug. Remove what is rattling and re-install a new bore plug.

It most likely isnt epoxy because the bore plug would elimiante the chance of any epoxy getting into the head. It could a broken piece of weighting metal, a bit of a weld burr, its very hard to say without opening her up.

Use this to get rid of the black on the sole, it works wonders http://www.golfsmith.com/products/463

Or if you are brave and good with a drill, you could always try this
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/8294

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I would drill the hole on the sole somewhere that has paint fill on it. Like the H in hi-bore for example. To plug the hole use a small amount of epoxy and wipe it smooth. Then apply a spot of paint when its cured.

Wont effect playability at all.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Fill the hole with "BLACK MAGIC"!!! :D :D

When I was 16 I fixed some rust holes in my beater with this stuff. I added about 200 lbs. to that car :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Lyle has it here, M. This practice is very common and won't affect the playability.

R35

🔥 Latest posts