• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dog advice needed.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
That was Jake's last message to you. The homeless guy.... Jake was telling you to begin looking at local shelters for a "homeless dog" to rescue and to be your next "man's best friend". You'll never replace Jake. You can, however, give a great home to one of his fellow canines who has fallen on hard times.
I understand the thought behind that, but no more dogs for us.

You guys rock. All the cheersin' going on... I lifted several as well. :)

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I understand where you are coming from. It took us over a year before we got another. You'll know when it's time for another. I also understand that that time might never come. For us all the good of having a dog outweighed the bad of putting one down.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
When growing up, I tended to have some 'different' pets which gave me a ton of fun. I had a bantam rooster that followed me around like a dog. It started out as a chick being called Henrietta until it's comb grew and it did a reverse Bruce Jenner. Henrietta became Henry. I also had an Australian Long Neck Tortoise. Just really good fun and great memories with both. I know dogs and cats are usually the go to pet but just putting this out there ...

Last edited:

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
When growing up, I tended to have some 'different' pets which gave me a ton of fun. I had a bantam rooster that followed me around like a dog. It started out as a chick being called Henrietta until it's comb grew and it did a reverse Bruce Jenner. Henrietta became Henry. I also had an Australian Long Neck Tortoise. Just really good fun and great memories with both. I know dogs and cats are usually the go to pet but just putting this out there ...
The sun sets the wrong way, Gravity is backwards, the toilets flush backwards, and even their pets are strange as hell... Aussies man...

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
That was Jake's last message to you. The homeless guy.... Jake was telling you to begin looking at local shelters for a "homeless dog" to rescue and to be your next "man's best friend". You'll never replace Jake. You can, however, give a great home to one of his fellow canines who has fallen on hard times.
I understand the thought behind that, but no more dogs for us.
Well, you were right and I was wrong... :eek:

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Everyone, say hello to Mabel.

5mis8h.jpg

She's a 6-week old Ausiedoodle (Australian Shepherd + mini Poodle). Supposed to be a very smart and robust breed. Her whole litter was abandoned - orphanage style - last week at a shelter. We were the first ones to snatch one up (she has 4 other brothers/sisters) but I heard that they all were adopted very quickly.

The kids are in luuuhhhvvve. My youngest even cried when he had to go to school today and leave her home alone.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Everyone, say hello to Mabel.

5mis8h.jpg

She's a 6-week old Ausiedoodle (Australian Shepherd + mini Poodle). Supposed to be a very smart and robust breed. Her whole litter was abandoned - orphanage style - last week at a shelter. We were the first ones to snatch one up (she has 4 other brothers/sisters) but I heard that they all were adopted very quickly.

The kids are in luuuhhhvvve. My youngest even cried when he had to go to school today and leave her home alone.
Nice, congrats!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Dogs are really nice pets but...
You have to pick up all their poop.
You can't leave them long or they go in the house.
They eat $$$$ worth of food.

We have Rag doll cats. These are not ordinary cats.
They sleep on their back.
They cannot stand to be away from you like normal cats.
If they see you in a recliner they come up to lay on your belly and get petted.
They are affectionate, licking you nose or face.
They go in a cat box and you just change the sand. Very low maintenance.

Merlin and Pookie 001.JPG
IMG_20150528_172907576.jpg
1 030.jpg

🔥 Latest posts