• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DOGB review

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Havent heard from DOGB, but the balls showed up in the mail today. Like i needed an excuse to go play golf. So i went to the local par-35 9 holer to do a little comparison. The winds were howling and the course was empty, so it was a good day. I played 4 rounds, one with each ball. Results:

ProV1X-Shot the lowest score, with an even-par 35. Very good in the wind, and it flew really hot off the driver, no matter where i hit it. It didnt spin as much as other balls around the greens, but it was definitely adequate.

ProV1-Worst wind ball of the 4, but the best feeling. Shot 38 with it. Tons of spin around the greens, did alright in the wind, but wasn't exceptional. It's a ProV, i cant say anything about it that hasnt already been said. Decent distance off the tee, but nothing exceptional

HX Red-My bad luck ball. Seemed like all my bad swings were with the Red or the ProV1. However, i reaaly like this ball. It was also good for a 38. It spun less than a ProV1, but more than the X, and it's wind control was in between the two. Good distance. I'd say this is a perfect compromise between the ProV1 and the ProV1X

HX Blue-Another 38. Didnt really care for this ball, it wasnt much better in distance than the ProV1, but lacked it's greenside feel. I'd say it's the Poor Man's ProV1, but i think the Red is a much better ball

Overall- these are all great golf balls. I like the HX Red and the Pro V1X the best. I personally dont really care about the amount of greenside spin i get as long as it's consistent, and i found that the ProV1 and HX Blue were not as consistent as the HX Red and ProV1X, as there was not much difference in spin on fat/thin shots, but when hit right, the Blue/V1 generated more spin. FOr the price, i'd say the best ball is the HX Red, but if i had to choose one, i think it would be the ProV1X. But hey, i played 36 holes without losing a golf ball(and i had 6 birdies), and did it in less than 2 hours, so i'm happy:)

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
nsherman2006 said:
But hey, i played 36 holes...in less than 2 hours...

Neal, dude, how do you do that? That's less than 3.5 minutes per hole! Gotta have them track shoes on....

Good review, btw.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I can't help but wonder the same thing, Farq.

I mean, that's how long it takes me on the frickin tee box.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Silver said:
I can't help but wonder the same thing, Farq.

I mean, that's how long it takes me on the frickin tee box.

What are you, Sergio?

Grip and rip, yo! :D

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Well, that was an exaggeration. But regardless.

If I take my time, plan my shot, two practice swings, proper setup and then go, that's still like...pretty close to a minute.

Unless I'm sprinting between shots...I think it'd be hard. That's all I'm saying.

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
it's called 1 practice swing, hit ball, tee ball, hit ball, tee ball, hit ball, tee ball, hit ball

take cart to ball 1, hit ball, take cart to ball 2, hit ball, take cart to ball 3 hit ball, take cart to ball 4, hit ball

it helped that i didnt lose any tee shots and only had to look for a few in the leaves

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
nsherman2006 said:
I played 4 rounds, one with each ball.

See, this is what threw me off. This sounds like you played a complete round, then changed balls, etc. If you just went through once, playing 4 balls, then that's a rational rate of speed--like 14 minutes per hole. Imminently do-able.

Particularly with a cart. Wait a minute...you used a cart? Playing alone?! You wuss! :D

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
ya FQ, i used a cart. I didnt have my carry bag with me, and youd have to be paying me if im gonna lug around my staff bag and a bunch of golf balls. Plus it's free, so why not?

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
nsherman2006 said:
...you'd have to be paying me if im gonna lug around my staff bag and a bunch of golf balls. Plus it's free, so why not?

See? That's the problem with the youth of today. Perfect opportunity for a little exercise, and instead you choose to further foul the environment by using one of those electricity- or propane-guzzling beasts. Plus, you wanna get paid for it. Jeez, mon. No wonder diabetes rates are through the roof...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.