• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Doh!

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If this is a serious GF you've made a really smart move. No more dumb ass dates, go golfing instead. She wants to go shopping together, hit a couple of golf stores. Going on vacation together, find a place with a great course. You can even throw in a spa day for her. Spend $500 on a new driver, she'll understand. The only drawback, she'll probably want one too.

BTW - It sounds like you bought a decent set of starter clubs. Also a good move. My wife started with a cheapo dept store set and quickly got frustrated and nearly gave up the game. Only after I convinced her to buy a good set of clubs did she play well enough to take a serious interest in the game.

Yeah, we are engaged. Have been for a little bit, but finally set a date. Anywho, I hadn't even thought of the many pluses and angles I can take now!

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
For one, as you both finish college and get settled, you may find a decent club to join. My wife doesn't play golf but we know several couples that do at the club we belong to. On some couples nights, they'll have as many as 36 couples playing and then eat dinner together afterwards. We often go just for the dinner. You will be certain to meet one or two other couples that are extremely fun to do stuff with besides golf.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Should be a lot of fun. I know one course in particular I'd love to be a member to.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Jeff Congrats, A fiancee' that is your golfing partner. That is heaven. My son and his girl friend both play on the same travel Ultimate Frisbee team and on their respective men's and women's UW Eau Claire University club teams. It makes their relationship so much stronger. He is in the process of teaching her golf but wisely is allowing her to set the pace. She is very athletic but also a perfectionist so he needs to be respectful of her frustration levels.

Best of luck this college season

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Another plus - Since you've set a date, it's time to pick the resort course for the honeymoon.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online