• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Don!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
"I hope you don't die before you have another birthday." :D

It's a 19th century phrase, to "offer the hope that the happy day will occur many more times."

It also has zodialogical meanings, with something to do with the sun reaching (returning) to the same place in the sky the day you were born.

R35

Don

Aug 23, 2005
Thanks guys, I reached the big 59, which is a little better than the big 60. Getting old is not fun, but it beats the other choice. What I hate the most is my eyes are getting worse, and I can't see where the ball ends up. Three years ago, I could see the ball land at 240 yards or so, now I'm lucky if I can see it on the green on a short par 3. Last week, hit a good shot on a 150 yard par 3, my playing partner says, "great shot", and I'm standing there wondering where it ended up. Turns out the ball was hole high and 6 feet left of the cup, but I couldn't see the darn thing. That stinks. Anyway, I guess I'm lucky to still be alive and kicking. Thanks again, and I hope you all live to get this old. But don't hurry, it's not worth it.

🔥 Latest posts