• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dot Com This, Geek

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
your numbers posted are pretty close to what i remember. i also remember that my club path was 1* in to out with a square face and center impact. i only acheived this when i would uncoil with legs first. a couple of times i tried to really go at it but stayed flat footed and dived in with all shoulders and arms. needless to say, those balls were off the grid and resembled a yellow fruit.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I was told a smash factor of 1.55 was best you can get.

Irrelevent really when your that close.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I was told a smash factor of 1.55 was best you can get.

Irrelevent really when your that close.

I think the general rule is the smash is your ballspeed divided by your swingspeed. Near perfect is generally 1.50. Anything above that is hitting the pill right on the screws.

175BS/117SS = 1.495, which is pretty damn good.

165BS/105SS = 1.57, which is more than possible with today's shafts and heads.

But as to how accurate some of these machines are remains to be seen. It's just a guide or sorts, which is the shits when you're trying to guage distances, carry, ect. But they make a good baseline to try several drivers out at the same time and base your numbers on the same machine, good or bad. Just don't read alot into the actual numbers, because roll, air temp, wind, no wind, ball temp.....all these play a huge factor in distance, or lackthereof...

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Now,now,no need to be obtuse:)

We don't have these over here,I wasn't joking,they are an unknown brand

I'm not surprised.

Ask 100 golfers in Canada if they know what Tour Edge is. I bet 5 know.

Best kept secret in golf.

R35

🔥 Latest posts