• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dozens dead in tornado outburst

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Hoping AG is okay. He lives in Southern Illinois. Can't get the message thingy to work.

Terrible night for the east central U.S. Seeing the devastation on tv is heartbreaking. Will be days before all the people are accounted for.

Hold your dear ones close. One never knows if you will see tomorrow.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I heard that this is not normal for this area. Awful to see such devastation. :(

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, we're in a severe wind warning for tomorrow afternoon. Sustained winds in the 35 mph range with gusts exceeding 50 mph. Mother Nature needs to get some hormone drugs... or something... that will level her moods out!!!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Second billion dollar weather event in 10 days. Evergy, our electric utility said Wednesday's event saw the most outages ever recorded in our State. Dust storms so bad they closed I-70 from Salina to the Colorado line. Our airport saw 94 mph gusts. Here in town 89 mph gust were recorded.

Tuesday night I had put our patio furniture and extra trash can in the garage. Tornado sirens began going off about 3:30 p.m. No tornados touched down here. Just the high winds. The only damage we had, personally, is I have a small branch hanging for one of the gutters.

Daughter and family lost electricity about 4 p.m. on Wednesday. A tree fell across a line in their backyard. The immediately reported it. Called a friend who brought over a chain saw and removed the tree from on top of the line. They were assuming the line was still live. A friend who is an electrician came over and let them know the line was dead. He did some minor repairs to the service entrance.

Before the electrician left, an Evergy representative stopped by. Said they had really done a good job of getting things in order for service restoration. Told them it was a 10 minute job. Said he cold reconnect, but would get fired. So... electricity came back on at their home about noon today... Saturday. They came over and ate supper both nights. Too stubborn to stay here. Instead braved the cold and dark. Charged phones while here eating supper. Last of outages in our community wrapped up today. Many more still without power to the east of us.

Lived in Kansas for 75 years and don't ever remember wind like we had. I've seen tornados, but never hurricane winds up here. When we do have tornado events, they usually have some thunderstorm activity. Not this one! Not a cloud in the sky most of the time. Of course with the dust and with the smoke from Western Kansas fires... it was really dark and hazy.

Mother Nature is on a terror right now. Someone needs to burn the witch and get our weather back to some semblance of normal!!!!!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hey Limp
Maybe you could talk to Mother Nature for all of us
She might listen to you being of roughly the same age
She wasn't bad lookin' in high school. Had a bad reputation, though. Nasty! Would blow up on a moment's notice. Tantrums for no reason. Some said she was just plain teched in the head. She's only gotten worse over the years. But, that one night in the backseat of my.............

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
She wasn't bad lookin' in high school. Had a bad reputation, though. Nasty! Would blow up on a moment's notice. Tantrums for no reason. Some said she was just plain teched in the head. She's only gotten worse over the years. But, that one night in the backseat of my.............

.......Chariot?
.......Flintstone mobile?

🔥 Latest posts