• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

dress code?

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
Is there typically a dress code for a public driving range? It's getting too dang hot to wear long shorts and collared shirts.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Mini-skirt. Thong. A tight halter top. And a video camera.

Just kidding. I don't think there is a dress code, but I think women would get way too many "offers to help you learn to swing better" if they dressed too scantily. I would take a cue from the LPGA players. Not saying you have to spend big bucks on driving range outfits. Just use good judgement. Be comfortable, but not provocative.

By the way, some of the newer collared shirts are very comfortable in the heat. The new fabrics wick sweat away and keep you cool. They aren't cheap, but are worth the $$$. I certainly don't think a close-fitting T-Top would be out of line, as long as the side panels are up, if you know what I mean...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
For the most part, most every "Public" driving range I have been to has their share of people with T-Shirts and such. I doubt they really care about dress too much. I will wear the same on occasion, although if I go to the range on a course, I usually try to follow their dress code, as I feel the people playing there would not know whether I am playing or just using the range and I feel it reflects on their image. Although I do still see people in T-shirts and such on course ranges.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
No dress code. Well, I guess you have to wear clothes. But other than that, hit away.

There's a course out in the country here that has a rule on the scorecard that says specifically "No Cowboy Boots allowed on course."

That's gold! :D

R35

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
We have a course around here that just added "No Denim" to their rules. Once a buddy and I were playing and saw a group of 8 going around in bib overalls with an extra cart for their beer cooler.

It's a real nice track! :faintthud

Probably oughtta make some attempt to appear respectable...

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I just played a "course" in Hawaii (after being rejected at the Kona Course) and as I pulled up to it with my buddy we saw two guys with no shirts, a smoke, a little swing juice and flip flops...we looked at each other and simultaneously said "perfect". Sure enough the rentals were a per-club-price and the girl at the shop even offered to let us share clubs and play as many rounds as we wanted. As we made the corner around the "clubhouse" to get a burger and a drink we spotted an autographed picture of Miss Penthouse from sometime in the 80's. Although the "cook" was just sitting on his can, he would not make any food yet because it was 11:50 and the kitchen opened at noon. THEY were probably the most enjoyable ROUNDS of golf I've ever played and now look for places to play with signs that read "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem".

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
bames said:
I just played a "course" in Hawaii (after being rejected at the Kona Course) and as I pulled up to it with my buddy we saw two guys with no shirts, a smoke, a little swing juice and flip flops...we looked at each other and simultaneously said "perfect". Sure enough the rentals were a per-club-price and the girl at the shop even offered to let us share clubs and play as many rounds as we wanted. As we made the corner around the "clubhouse" to get a burger and a drink we spotted an autographed picture of Miss Penthouse from sometime in the 80's. Although the "cook" was just sitting on his can, he would not make any food yet because it was 11:50 and the kitchen opened at noon. THEY were probably the most enjoyable ROUNDS of golf I've ever played and now look for places to play with signs that read "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem".

But it was still $75 a round, right? :D

R35

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
$13.50 plus the $2.50 a club...it wasn't a full course, our 5 wood was actual wood, the shaft felt like it was made of pine, but I stuck it 3 times on this 205 yd par three with that stupid thing. It was a blast. Far better than playing at the "hottie tottie" Kona.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
I don't like playing or even hitting balls with a T-shirt on. Always have to have a collared shirt and tuck it in...

OP
token_hottie

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
Slingblade61 said:
Hottie, where ya been lately?

Been busy with work. Too busy to surf the net on the clock. And when I get done at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is stare at the computer some more :)

I still check in from time to time though. Sometimes I leave a calling card, other times no.

trob

Apr 2, 2006
I just saw a picture of the qb for the patriots Tom brady golfing with two former presidents ...Bush sr. and Clinton. There dressed properly but Tom brady is wearing joging pants and an old flannel like shirt. It made me sick. I think any decent golf course should have a dress code and it should be inforced.

golfman2760

Aug 25, 2005
they need to sack dress codes from Golf Courses

driving ranges dont have strict dress codes as far as I know (for Australia anyway)

not too sure if the rest of the world is anal about dress codes

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.