• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Drive Long for Show, Putt for Dough!

doktorpat

Jul 23, 2006
You can drive the ball 400 yards, but if you can’t sink a 4 foot putt it doesn’t matter. Here I have compiled a list of helpful golf putting tips that are sure to improve your putting game.

- Take a deep breathe before you make contact. This is a great way to relax before a shot and ultimately improve your consistency
Relax your grip.

- Right handed golfers should keep their right wrist locked.

- The ball should be placed towards the front of your stance.

- Visualize a line that leads to the hole. Study every break.

- Position your shoulders square to the target line.

- Your eyes should be directly over the target line.

- Aim for a spot 6-8 inches in front of the ball.

- Find the right putter. Get a putter that has the right feel to it; the only way to find this is to test every putter in sight.

- Don’t choke down on the grip. You should always hold at the top of the putter, assuming it is the right size.

Well that’s it. I hope these putting tips helped you like they have myself. Remember that practice is where you become better. Spend some time on the putting green and master these concepts. Good luck!

Article Source: http://freegolftips.patsblogs.com/

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sure it matters if I can drive the ball 400 yards, I'll quit playing courses and just do long drive competitions, :)

And while those are all valid tips, certain ones pertain to certain people more than others. I.e. some people are more concerned with speed, and others break.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Dude, why do you keep up this self promotion of your blog?

R35

🔥 Latest posts