• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver head to head.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Great timing this morning the Postman turned up just as I was leaving for work. He had two boxes for me. My FT5 TH Fubuki and Diablo Tour Authentic with VooDoo SVS6. I played 9 holes after work hitting the drivers head to head. Straight out distance the Diablo beat the FT5 on average by 10-15 yards, which was strange as the FT5 felt hotter off the face. I'm planning on changing the shafts over tomorrow as it's the FT5 VooDoo combo which I want to game.

Do you think the shaft would make 10-15 yards of difference if the profile fits my swing better? Anybody else tried a Fubuki against the VooDoo in the same head?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Absolutely it could make that much difference.

I found that the Fubuki spun alot more than my Matrix. Even more than the XCON 6.

Throw a Whiteboard 73X into that FT-5. Pure bomber.

R35

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Rock,

You think the Fubuki spins MORE than the whiteboard? Interesting. I thought it was much lower spin than a whiteboard personally.

The Voodoo profiles to a lower ball flight, right? Was the Fubuki hitting it higher? You might just be losing a bit because of the trajectory even.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rock,

You think the Fubuki spins MORE than the whiteboard? Interesting. I thought it was much lower spin than a whiteboard personally.

The Fubuki I hit was in an Ft-iQ and was balloon city. 73g stiff version, for what it's worth. The Whiteboard I hit was in an FT-i and was super awesome ballflight, long and boring and straight like nobody's business. 73X flex version.

I liked the feel of the Fubuki, just not the results.

I am a weirdo, however.

R35

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Think it might have been the difference in flex?

I've heard that the 63g Fubuki is a whole different animal to the 73g... And that the 73g X-flex is a fantastic shaft. I couldn't agree more about that. I wonder how the whiteboard would have been for you in the 63g weight and same S flex.

I think the Fubuki has to be mated to the right head to be all that it can..

Just curious if you thought it was more spin

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It could very well have been. Normally, ballooning has more to do with too much spin than anything for my swing. When I see the ball rise up like that, I immediately think too much spin. I have no launch parameters, I'm sorry.

However, swung back to back, the Whiteboard was a better shaft for my swing. High bombs that rolled out.

I wanted the Fub to work, it just didn't for me. Maybe if I get a chance to swing one in an FT-9 IMIX, I will. But short of that, I won't be swinging it again. Too many other shafts that work for my swing ahead of it. I also doubt I'll be losing the F6M2 out of my bag unless I find a TP-6 over the winter to try in another head.

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm a Tosser!!! Instead of waiting until tomorrow and taking the clubs to have the shafts pulled at Midas golf, I decided to pull them myself tonight so I could change them over and give them another go tomorrow. I decided to pull the VooDoo first and like a cock I've managed to balls it right up and the fibre's broke down. I've now had to tip it about an inch and a half! To make matters worse whilst drilling the fibre's out of the hosel my drill bit snapped and i've scratched the top of the head! Very expensive lesson learn't, until I get a real shaft puller i won't be pulling any more shafts myself!!! I'm pretty sure the VooDoo will be NO good now. I'll have to sell it on ebay as a 3 wood shaft as the tipping instructions say to tip 1 inch.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
No idea on the specs, but I know they are sorta new, and hot ass shafts!

Sucks on the Voodoo!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm a Tosser!!! Instead of waiting until tomorrow and taking the clubs to have the shafts pulled at Midas golf, I decided to pull them myself tonight so I could change them over and give them another go tomorrow. I decided to pull the VooDoo first and like a cock I've managed to balls it right up and the fibre's broke down. I've now had to tip it about an inch and a half! To make matters worse whilst drilling the fibre's out of the hosel my drill bit snapped and i've scratched the top of the head! Very expensive lesson learn't, until I get a real shaft puller i won't be pulling any more shafts myself!!! I'm pretty sure the VooDoo will be NO good now. I'll have to sell it on ebay as a 3 wood shaft as the tipping instructions say to tip 1 inch.

LOL...you're the UK Ezra. :biglol:

R35

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
spaz

anyway, how is one hotter off the face, when they are both the same cor? Is the MOI higher on one? 15 yards is enormous

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
spaz

anyway, how is one hotter off the face, when they are both the same cor? Is the MOI higher on one? 15 yards is enormous

The sound and feel of the strike at impact felt as though the FT5 was longer/hotter. I think it's the shaft profile that made the difference in the yardage, the VooDoo fits my swing better, or it did until I melted it!!!

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Can't find a WhiteBoard or BlueBoard, has anybody used a Mitsubishi Bassara 83? How does it compare?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.