• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver shaft advice for a mate

OP
LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Theres a few good choices out there...I think, given the info you've provided, he might really enjoy the TourSwing Vengeance Platinum....stiff butt and tip for low flight and tight control....with the low density being placed about 16" from the tip...hinge-like effect.

Very affordable as well.

I can only find the TourSwing Vengeance Tour for around $89. Is this the same thing??

OP
LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
OK, so looks like at this stage the Accuflex Evolution is the one.

Next question, does anyone have one of these lying around that they are willing to part ways with? In an X-flex, to play at around 45" in a Ping G5. Obviously postage would be met by myself. Let me know please...

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Lyle....

Nope, in fact the tip on these plays very soft.
They are however really butt stiff so they feel a lot stiffer than they are.

Taken off the Titleist website:

Grafalloy Blue is a lightweight shaft with a high flex point, extra stiff tip and stiff butt. This shaft produces a flat trajectory and reduces spin. Good for the stronger or faster tempo player who prefers a lightweight shaft but still wants control. Plays and feels slightly stiffer than the Titleist Prolite for aggressive players who need to reduce spin and launch.

Was it the Prolaunch Blue you were refering to when you mentioned the softer tip, no..?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Sorry but I believe titty is dead wrong on this one.

I have had numerous grafalloy BLUE shafts on my frequency machine and none were stiff tip at all. Not in the same ball bark as the evolution thats for sure. In checking my notes I find the NV almost always measures tip stiffer than the blue in the same flex. The BLUE has a big time stiff butt section however.

🔥 Latest posts