• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver Shaft Question...

bfrank3502

Rookie Golfer
Dec 7, 2008
Could you'll give me your opinions in selecting a driver shaft.. I'm wanting a stiff flex, 55-60g weight, low torque, high kick point 45-47 inch shaft...
Any recomendations on this?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Could you'll give me your opinions in selecting a driver shaft.. I'm wanting a stiff flex, 55-60g weight, low torque, high kick point 45-47 inch shaft...
Any recomendations on this?

price??????

OP
bfrank3502

bfrank3502

Rookie Golfer
Dec 7, 2008
price not an object on this as long as I get what I pay for in quality and great shaft

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Matrix Ozik Code 6, you want a high kick, wait till you feel the Boran hinge!

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Matrix Ozik Code 6, you want a high kick, wait till you feel the Boran hinge!

Hey Mark, you've hit the xcon and the code right? What's the difference in ball flight and dispersion? B, sorry for the thread jack.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Hey Mark, you've hit the xcon and the code right? What's the difference in ball flight and dispersion? B, sorry for the thread jack.

The Xcon seems a little tighter on the dispersion with a lower ball flight. The Code 6 has a awesome kick when the hinge releases, but occasionally I lose the feel of where the head is. The code also doesn't play near as stiff, which I'm sure is leading to loss of feel. When my swing is on, the Code is amazing, the best feeling shaft I've ever played, but the BlueBoard in my Ft-5 feels almost as good and is more stable feeling on less than stellar swings.

Yesterday my swing was pretty solid and I was wishing I had bagged the HiBore XL / Code combo, but I never know before hand which swing will show up, :D

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
On a buget try a Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue. Splashing the cash have a look at a Diamana RedBoard or a Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
YUP... I think MG thought the OP wanted to get a higher ball flight, not a higher kick point

Whoops! Spot on my mistake.

The Diamana WhiteBoard is a must then. Don't bother with the ProLaunch Red, I've tried it a couple of times and for me it's not much lower launching than the Blue.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.