• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver shaft

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
im looking into getting a R7 TP from a few years back (dont like the size of the new drivers) and am looking at it with the Mitsubishi Rayon shaft in it (asked Mitsu. and they told me the shaft had pretty much same specs as Diamana Blue Board). Anyone have experience with this shaft or club overall? Ive hit different R7s and love them, but dont have much of a clue as to this shaft except i hit it really well in the SQ.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I can only speak for the Diamana - I played one in a rental set of Nike clubs for a few rounds and currently play one in my SQ 5 wood and I really, really like it. It is so easy to hit my 5 wood that it is almost embarrassing. My experience has been limited but I'm impressed so far.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
how does it play? like wat kinda shots are a little easier to hit and control? better for higher launch or lower boring shot? fade or draw? ne details u got aboot the shaft is greatly appreciated thx

soSoJeffCC

Sep 8, 2006
The diamana blue plays a very low boring trajectory due to a higher kickpoint, while the diamana red, which I've had played for a little bit, goes very high (for me) with a low kickpoint. Both are low torque

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm actually with you Sand, I've been looking at the Quad TPs, they look like nice clubs.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Well im lookin at one on ebay (love ebay:D im so cheap) its on for 290 brand new in the wrapping. Although it doesnt include the TP kit (heavier weights) or headcover... so im not sure if i just get that and pickup a headcover, and not even sure if i even need to bother with the special weights other then the ones that are stock in the head....?

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Sandpiper, I've only played it for two rounds but I hit 3 different shots with it and it performed beautifully.
1) fade around a tree on a par five - perfect
2) 215 yards out of the rough that started low but climbed a little more than I would have liked and clipped a branch - front of the green
3) uphill lie, 225 in, with a tree crowding the left side of the fairway (the side I was on) so I had to go over and I cleared it by a mile
I would say that it seems to hit the ball generally high ( I do have it in a 5 wood so that needs to be noted) but at the same time I've not taken the time to really work on any low boring shots just yet.

🔥 Latest posts