• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver shoot off, thoughts and tidbits...

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Rock,

That DCT is just a hair under 1* open, .94 by my measurement. It really is amazing how open an open face club is. Most dead square clubs appear closed when looked at from address.
The blocks imo are the result of the low torque of the 780. You get very little help from the shaft when the release isnt just right. No hooks though, ever. That beast is 1.7 torque, I think rebar is 2.5 LOL. The thing is even with that low of torque it still feels soft as hell in the hands.
I find the 780 and the VS proto are the 2 best shafts I have ever hit. I like the proto because for me it spins a little less.
I have my order of Quads on route including the LH versions so I will trying one of these with a ul540 transition in it. Should be long and straight if the reviews out there are any indication.

Being a driver ho is awesome aint it :)

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Whadya mean?;)

Black gloss heads are the best thing on this planet. :idhitit:

R35
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0042.jpg

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Good recap Rock, I plan on getting in my own shoot out in the next few days, TM drivers and Diamana shafts, the Burner TP White Board, the SuperQuad TP Red, and the 425 TP Red, may even through the original Quad TP with a Blue Board in there for fun.

equipmentjunkie

Feb 11, 2007
hey rock, have you hit the hibore xl tour yet? The distance is much better than the original with the same accuracy. I'd be interested to know what you think of it compared to those three.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have. I've hit it twice now. Once with the regular red shaft and once with the Fit on Six.

I really liked it. Super solid off the face and the sound is great. However, the only downfall for me is that it seems really deep from face to tail, if that makes sense. Like it's been stepped on or something. I think i could get around it, but it was a drawback, although slight.

I decided after my HiBore trial run that I wanted something with more manouverability. I really don't have much trouble with the driver, so hitting something like the FTi or the HiBore seemed sorta redundant in a way. That's in now way a slap in the face to either, I just wanted something that wasn't dead straight - if you can imagine that. Yep, I'm mentally challenged. :laugh:

I'm happy with these 3 for now. It's gonna be a dogfight to win out this year. All three of these are solid, solid drivers.

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Holy cow, I agree.

Very Titleistesque with the pear shape. I really like it.

It's definitely not Titleist-esque. It doesn't have that stupid alignment aid on the top and the hosel doesn't look like it's made out of silly putty.

But that's just me....:D

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.