• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver showdown: we have a winner!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The players:
Titleist 909D2 9.5* w/ Okato
Callaway FT Tour 9.5* w/ Motore F3

The plan: hit em both, see which one I like more.

The Intangibles:

I love everything about the FT Tour. It looks great, feels great and sounds great. I also love the look, feel and sound of the Titleist.

Result: the Titleist hands down won this one. Directionally and distance wise it was even really close, Titleist won time and time again.

So, the FT Tour experiment was sort lived and is over.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
ITs sad really. I love everything about the FT Tour. It is easily the best looking head Callaway has ever made. Great feel, great sound. Easily 20 yds shorter than my Titleist though.

Gaijin_Golfer

Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
United States United States
I wouldnt get too worked up about it, even from first to last you are only talking about a 10 yard difference.
I would know because the JPX-825 was one of the shortest drivers they tested. :( Oh well, at least this way I guess people cant say that MGS favors Mizuno, as in a couple of their other recent tests Mizuno did really well.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
R35 should take it off your hands.

I already have a couple. Plus a couple RAZR Fits too.

Great driver. It's extremely low spin, so it's very shaft specific. This might have been a better showdown had it been an apples to apples comparison. Re: same shafts in each head.

R35

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I already have a couple. Plus a couple RAZR Fits too.

Great driver. It's extremely low spin, so it's very shaft specific. This might have been a better showdown had it been an apples to apples comparison. Re: same shafts in each head.

R35
I agree. I didn't want to go through pulling the Okato and reinstalling. It's on sale on eBay right now and I wouldn't mind keeping it if it doesn't sell.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.