• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver spin rate/launch angle

philsphan

Mar 9, 2011
I decided to get myself on a launch monitor after noticing my ball flight on my driver has dropped and I wasn't carrying the ball as far as a used to. This was especially problematic due to the wet conditions I was playing in. The monitor showed swing speed of 98 mph, launch angle of 13, ball speed at 148 and spin rate at 2000. The total carry distance at 240 and rolling out to around 260. My driver is a titleist 907 D2 with a Diamana mid/high kick point. I'm looking for suggestions to increase my carry distance but keep my spin rate around the same.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Your launch angle is a bit low, might want to try a higher loft. If buying a new driver is not an option try dropping your right shoulder down at setup, (assuming you're right handed).

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Your launch angle is Ok, 1* higher would be better though. It is your spin rate that is too low for your swing speed. If you could get your spin up to 2500-3000 range and add 1* of launch angle you would be optimal.
A shaft with a softer tip, and 1* more lost on your driver head would be the solution.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Your launch angle is Ok, 1* higher would be better though. It is your spin rate that is too low for your swing speed. If you could get your spin up to 2500-3000 range and add 1* of launch angle you would be optimal.
A shaft with a softer tip, and 1* more lost on your driver head would be the solution.

What he said!

OP
P

philsphan

Mar 9, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. Do any of you know what causes a persons spin rate to be too low? I know most people have the opposite problem and havn't until recently had it myself.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.