• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver.. swing fast as can and the push/slice goes away ?

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
Hmmmmmm. somewhat frustrated and also not caring, while on the course and heck with nothing to lose.. Started swinging that sucka as fast on the downswing as I could, although not so crazy hard that I lose balance or look ridiculous...

dam ball went straight. sometimes even left. sheesh. well guess I will have to try that all the time..
anyone else ever have this happen ?

what's not to like about that anyhow haha

As a side note, just found a good instructor, one lesson so far that I felt really good about. so will bring this subject up next time.

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Well not sure about this ..

but, I did get an old but great condition
TM R9 for pretty cheap today.
Aaannddd

it’s the first driver I have bought that goes left a lot !!! Haha
So I’m going to play a round with it tomorrow

over time I have noticed a lot of players at all skill or lack of skill, hit TM drivers in the fairway.
this is my first TM.

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Main difference is the shaft, 65 stiff Accra, al my others are 55 r flex

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Never had a Taylor Made driver I got along with for any time at all. Well, except for the original Pittsburgh Persimmon. When Gary Adams started Taylor Made and brought out the metal driver, he met lots of resistance... until people began playing them. Took quite a while for the persimmon fans to think something made of steel could be called a '"wood".

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I’ve tried many drivers, not as many as WBl but close. I always come back to my M2. Gonna give a Cally Epic flash something or other a go this weekend and see how it does. I added a little lift and went 10.5 so we’ll see. The TM is on standby though, never getting rid of it.

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Today was first full 18 with the R9 three speed or what ever it’s called..

pretty good overall for this rookie. Very few slices.. like 3, and overall more dang nice ones including a few that rolled to about 250. Maybe it’s the shaft, but I’m so damn suprised... and happy. First ever driver that I’m not doing crap to keep from slicing.
Ball position is normal, grip a little strong. That’s it.

Will eventually play with settings, but not for a while. And it’s a 9.5 which I’m getting good but not Too much air.
I used to be a TM club of the week hater... lol. Not anymore.
Of course I still posted a sucky round today... haha. Crappy greens and my irons went to hell for 4 holes straight...

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Really liking this old Tm R9 driver. Hitting a lot of fairways and getting great distance for being 64 yrs old! Lol
Couple today that went 250 adding in the roll.
Hot dang, I want to get an insurance policy in this club!

🔥 Latest posts