• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver Swing Vid(G15/Okato!)

295yards

May 5, 2009
I don't mind a fade. Actually, I think having a draw is over hyped and over rated. I just don't want it to fade quite as much as that one did, and I want it to be more controllable. That big of a fade would hurt me on a few holes at my home course.

I've been struggling with the driver for the past few rounds...I don't know if I'm just not releasing my hands properly, sweeping across the ball? I guess it's kind of hard to tell from that angle.

From what I read of others replies seems about right to me.
You are going back inside and coming OTT.
Just be careful what you wish for.
That swing looks solid and trying to fit the cookie cutter mould is a killer.
No one hits the ball perfectly straight and from what I can tell you are hitting the ball fairly deep and high.
If you really have to try and fix your swing, start slow. I'd work just on the takeaway going back at first. Keep your connection but get your hands on plane or outside halfway back.

All and all. People would sell their soul to hit the ball like that, including the 90% of people giving you their advice on how "you" can swing better.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
If you really have to try and fix your swing, start slow.
All and all. People would sell their soul to hit the ball like that, including the 90% of people giving you their advice on how "you" can swing better.
How far do you figure you hit the ball and how many fairways?

I appreciate the compliment. I'd have no problems just practicing and making it "My" swing, but because I'm going to school for a PGM degree, and I'll need to pass the PAT to one day have the credentials to give lessons and something, I'd really like a fundamentally sound swing. With my current swing, when I'm playing well I can play around even par to 3 or 4 over, but on my bad days, it's not pretty. I really need to become more accurate, and improve my ballstriking to get rid of those bad day scores.

I'll save you the fictional internet yardages, and say that on average my drives are probably only 250-260. IF I catch it extremely well and have some wind help, I can get it out to 280 or so but that's pretty rare. All in all, for my height and size, I'm happy with my distances, but I'd like to be much more accurate.

🔥 Latest posts