• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driving Distance

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'll let you hit my driver sometime and you can see if that's the problem. But I know your swing speed was/is faster then that. Or maybe you've hit that "age" where everything slows down? :p That distance you're getting is about right for 101 mph swing speed.

Have you tried hitting your Cleveland driver?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I need help. I might be hitting the driver well, but only 240-260 ish. Its embarrassing that I used to be 280-310. Swing speed with the driver is about 101 mph. And launch angle is about 12 degrees. HELP!
This might help....

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Guys, I just played the first round of the year. Was windy af and rainy, fairways were soaked....and I hit the longest drive of my life! I was bombing all day but I got lucky conditions on a par 5. Hole played uphill until 300-310 yards, then was downhill over the crest of the hill. Believe it or not, I hit a 417 yard drive. Had about 20 mph wind at my back and I just tried to get it up in the air. 417!!!! My partner and I both had gps units. All the stars just aligned. I was so proud, I wrote the drive on the card and made my buddy sign the card for a witness lol. I don't want to come here just to brag, just share my excitement. I know it sounds unbelievable but it's true. I didn't hit a cart path and the ball ended up in the center of the fairway. I know, I know, I sound like a golfwrx'er

I played great and shot 1 over at a course I had never played but that 1 tee shot made my day.

Btw, I had a pw into that par 5 and still made par lol

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I've been so busy, man. New job, house, 2 kids in multiple sports. Wife flies out for work on Sunday and returns on fridays. So I have my hands full

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hahaha, Did I mention that I hit a f'ing golf ball 417 freaking yards?! Let's not talk about the gale force wind at my back or the ball landing on a downhill slope. Let's keep that a secret! 417! :D
How far? Are you sure? :D:D
Great to see you posting again! Good news about house, etc. You "youngsters" have enough energy to take on these tasks. We'll be sailing through Illinois on I-64 in a week or so. Keep the driver in the bag until we're past. The wife will be comin' for blood if an errant shot hits her car!!!!:D

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
giphy.gif

🔥 Latest posts