• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

driving happy gilmore style??

cj_rich

Apr 27, 2009
I've done it a few times goofing around, I haven't experienced quite the same distance improvement as Padraig though.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've done it a few times goofing around, I haven't experienced quite the same distance improvement as Padraig though.

Same here.

I have tried it quite a few times with my buddies...IF you catch one good yeah, it goes further, but odds are much higher of not hitting it well and the odds arnt in my favor for hitting it good on a regular swing so...

Its fun to play with on the driving range, but thats about as far as this swingstyle is going to go....but then...there are some people that will try to break the mold and more power to them if they can hit that swing style consistantly. Would be hilarious to watch someone do that on tour.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
That was interesting. I'd be afraid of duffing my driver into the ground snapping the shaft lol

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Lol. I've seen him do that in his playing lessons show. Don't think I'll try it though.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Buddy of mine has tried it before, it sorta worked but wasn't any longer than normal.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
father in law was hitting ball like that in the yard one day, while wearing cowboy boots..he busted his ass! :biglol:

🔥 Latest posts