• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dubai

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Played last weekend at the Dubai Creek golf club. It's a tight set-up with some cracking holes and an impressive clubhouse.

Here's an old friend of ours taking his second shot on the opening hole, with the clubhouse in the background.
Creek - Henry 1st.jpg

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Nice course!
Is that the same course that host the Dubai Classic?

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Loop said:
Nice course!
Is that the same course that host the Dubai Classic?

It has done in the past, but the Classic is now held at another track in Dubai - The Emirates Majlis course...

Here are another couple of photos from this course.

The tee box is built over the creek - one photo shows the tee box, the other is taken from it.
Creek.jpg
Creek - water tee.jpg

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Do the locals actually play golf or are the courses mostly for foreigners?

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I like the pimpin yacht in the background of the last picture.

Oh, to be so rich you don't have anything better to do than buy megayachts.

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Slingblade61 said:
Do the locals actually play golf or are the courses mostly for foreigners?

It's mainly western expats or holidaymakers who play, but the number of locals getting involved is growing considerably - especially amongst the young with several clubs having youth teams and training programmes. I've even seen local women playing - some while still wearing the hijab!

Sport is something that breaks down barriers of language, race and religion, I believe, so I think the youth involvement here - and in other gulf countries - can only bode well for the future.

Sport is a big thing here. The world's richest horse race is run in Dubai, The Desert Classic is an established event on the Euro Tour, many Euro football teams come here for winter training breaks, there is a rugby 7's event that attracts teams from around the world and there is also a tour tennis event that attracts the big names.

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Big Brother Dunk said:
Nice looking course. I'd imagine the weather was not something you'd be used to.

I've been out here for about 4 years now and you're right - you just dont get used to the high summer heat. heading into "winter" now, which is a blessing. Winter temps here are like a good summer in the UK, with cool evenings.

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Looks a really nice golf course, we dont really have any good golf courses apart from Broome Manor around this area

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I love the picture of that tee over the water...who designed the course??

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Not sure who originally designed the course, but it has recently re-opened after some rejigging and redesign from Thomas Bjorn with help from some outfit called "European Golf Design".

It's a very tight course overall, with some lovely holes but it's not my cup of tee. It's a bit 'target golfy' for my liking. Lots of water with new villas lining many of the holes.

I lost too many balls and hit a 96.

🔥 Latest posts