• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Duesh Bag

Yep, these are great examples. Zing 2 irons sucked the sweat off a dead man's nuts. Terrible.

R35

I disagree. I bought some Ping Zing 2 Beryllium/Copper wedges on eBay, and I can say that they suck WAY worse than dead man's nuts.

Dead lesbians nuts? Maybe. Dead lesbian aborigine nuts? Getting closer. Dead lesbian aborigine McDonald's Manager-Trainee nuts? Now we're talking...

I disagree. I bought some Ping Zing 2 Beryllium/Copper wedges on eBay, and I can say that they suck WAY worse than dead man's nuts.

Dead lesbians nuts? Maybe. Dead lesbian aborigine nuts? Getting closer. Dead lesbian aborigine McDonald's Manager-Trainee nuts? Now we're talking...

I'm not gonna ask how you know that. :eek:

:laugh:

Surely, only a squirrel could ever be that definitive about various nuts... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Zings were short lived due to the failure of the KT shafts. Even though the KT's had worked well in the Eye 2+'s, the added torque of the Zing's head began snapping the KT's at the hosel. Karsten immediately began replacing the KT's with the KT-M (Modified), which had a heavier tip section, but the damage to the Zing reputation had been done.

Karsten brought out the Zing 2 with the JZ shaft and it was a hit. Ask Lee Westwood. Westwood played the Zing 2's clear through all the ISI and I3 releases. Calc played the Zing 2's for quite a while. Yes, these huge shovels with a top line wider than Rosie Odonnell were played quite a bit on tour.

Not long after the Zing 2's were released, Karsten was trying to turn over the reigns of Ping to his son John. John's first 'signature' release was the ISI line. Ping released the ISI in steel, nickel, and copper. Karsten through a fit as he did not see an ISI that was 'for the masses'. Hence, trailing the other ISI releases, was the ISI-K (K for Karsten) with a much large face... and more perimeter weighting than the other ISI releases. If you hold up a ISI-K along side a Zing 2, the face sizes are quite comparable. The K has a somewhat reduced width top line from the Zing 2.

The Zing 2 and the ISI-K have been identified as the most forgiving irons ever produced by Ping up until the G2 line. There were/are a great many fans of the Zing 2's still out there... believe it or not! During the move to oversize irons in the late 80's and early 90's, the Ping offerings were an integral component to that evolution.

Whew!!! Know I won't ever 'win' you over to the "dark side" that includes Ping, but just couldn't resist the temptation to put in my 2 cents worth.

A walmart driver, forgot the name of it, last time I bought any non-name brand equip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520