• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Durable glove

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I'm only lefty at golf, baseball and eating (hold knife and fork the other way) so this means that I'm actually stronger in my right arm. Stupid for playing golf lefty with but anyway.....

Due to the extra strength in my right arm and therefore hand, my grip pressure could be described as a "more than extreme" on my gloved hand. So it's been 5 years since I bought a glove as they last no more than 4 rounds before wearing through, especially in the thumb.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any particular brand or material of glove that is durable. Don't necessarily need it for great feel, just as something to wear on rainy days so the club doesn't go further than the ball.:)

GoodDay

Sep 22, 2006
Always willing to assist another lefty. Our selection isn't as wide as the righties.

Try the Ping M-Flex. Synthetic, super-tacky like leather, and takes a beating.

I go through a lot of gloves as I play every day; they're removed from playing rotation at the first signs of scuffing. The M-Flex's durability is really surprising. I rotate a few of them mostly during rainy and hot days when moisture is an issue. Yet these gloves have such a quality feel I wouldn't hesitate to use them during normal conditions; even though I prefer traditional leather.

Haven't tried the Weather Soft in years, but it's a good suggestion as well.

HTH...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't know if any hold up very well. I just buy the 3-for-1 deals and live with it. If I spent $17 for a Foot Joy and it wore out right away I'd be pissed. :)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I don't know if any hold up very well. I just buy the 3-for-1 deals and live with it. If I spent $17 for a Foot Joy and it wore out right away I'd be pissed. :)

Footjoy Weather Softs are not too expensive. Last time I bought some it was a 2 pack for $17.99. Singles were $10.99. I tried some other gloves for a while, but they just wore out too fast. I have been playing with the same Weather Soft since February, the other one is still new in the package waiting to be used.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
For me it is the Footjoy Rain Grips. I wear them in hot and humid weather (between June and August). They not only add to your grip by blocking out the sweat and moisture, but are darn near impossible to wear out. I buy the pair but just wear the one glove in the summer. I used to wear out a glove in hot weather in a few rounds. The material in the Rain Grips is much more durable with only a slight loss in feel to me. Actually prior to doing this and going to cord grips I could not stand golf in heat and humidity. I do still wear standard leather gloves in the cooler months though.

Actually, I have about 4-5 pairs that I cycle and am yet to wear one out, and have been using them for about 2-3 years during the summer or in the rain. A little costly since you have to buy 2, but they last about 10 times as long.

edit 1 - also keeps me from having to switch and air dry gloves about every 3 holes like I used too. One gets me through a round on the hotter days just fine.

edit 2 - probably nice for a lefty as well, as they come in a pair they are not hard to find. My wife is a lefty and has a really hard time finding gloves.

OP
LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Thanks all,

Will try and see what I can find here in Aus in Footjoy Weather softs and Ping M-Flex.

Of course if they wear out in four rounds like all the others I will have to hunt you down and kill you....:hunter::laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.