• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dustin Johnson: 'I'm Proud of the Way I Played'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
SO WHAT DO YOU THINK of this Johnson kid?

Sheesh. Dustin Johnson is owning it. What's "it"? I'd say everything in the golf world.

DJ won another World Golf Championship this past weekend, this time the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play at Austin Country Club. He knocked off Jon Rahm in the final, 1-up.

"I feel like I didn't really give him any holes except for 10," Johnson told Golf Channel. "It was tough out there. The greens got really fast. The wind was affecting all the putts. Jon played really well; I just didn't really give him anything."

Rahm was impressed, too. With Dustin Johnson.

"He's just a perfect, complete player," Rahm said (via USA Today).

DJ added: "I'm proud of the way I played. The way I stayed in there even though he made some birdies on the back nine… I just couldn't get any putts to drop, but I'm proud of the way I played."

Johnson's most recent victory widened his lead in the world rankings. He has amassed a 12.8 points average. Rory McIlroy is second at 9.01 and Jason Day registers 8.86. That's a huge gap for Dustin. I think he is going to be on top for a while.

"He seems to be consistently great," NBC golf analyst Johnny Miller said during the Sunday telecast.

"That's the thing you've got to be impressed with. He seems to just have it all the time. Rory McIlroy has got it, he doesn’t have it. It seems like it fluctuates a lot more. Of course, Jason Day has had his fluctuations too."

Source: Dustin Johnson: 'I'm Proud of the Way I Played'

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.