• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dustin Johnson Is Cadillac Man

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Dustin Johnson (Allison)​
WHEN IT CAME TO THIS CADILLAC, nobody had a better drive than Dustin Johnson.

While J.B. Holmes and Bubba Watson faltered, DJ cruised to the finish at Trump National Doral to win his second World Golf Championship (WGC) and collect his first victory since returning from a six-month leave.

Actually, as D.J. Piehowski stated in his Monday Finish column at PGATour.com, Johnson DID drive the ball better than anyone else in the elite WGC field. Johnson averaged 328.3 yards on his drives. He also led the field in greens in regulation, hitting 52 of 72. It's no wonder he picked up his ninth PGA Tour title.

I'd say his game is coming around rather nicely.

"I knew I was really good," Johnson told Golf Channel's Steve Sands. "I just knew there was something that I was missing that could make me great. I've really been working hard, and I think it's showing right now."

"He could have won this by four or five shots," NBC's Johnny Miller said. "He just idles on the golf course and can beat most everybody."

Johnson has been installed as a Masters favorite, trailing only Rory McIlroy and two-time Masters champion Bubba Watson.

A couple of other impressive DJ stats: He has at least one tour win for eight seasons running, the longest streak around. And, as Piehowski illustrated in the below list, his win percentage isn't too shabby either:
• Tiger Woods (79 wins, 318 starts): 1 in 4
• Rory McIlroy (9 wins, 89 starts): 1 in 9.8
• Phil Mickelson (42 wins, 512 starts): 1 in 12.2
• Vijay Singh (34 wins, 551 starts): 1 in 16.2
• Dustin Johnson (9 wins, 163 starts): 1 in 18.1
• Ernie Els (19 wins, 390 starts): 1 in 20.5
• Adam Scott (11 wins, 232 starts): 1 in 21.1
• Zach Johnson (11 wins, 295 starts): 1 in 26.8
• Jim Furyk (16 wins, 528 starts): 1 in 33
• Sergio Garcia (8 wins, 281 starts): 1 in 35.1
Johnson is in very good company.

We always knew DJ had the talent. With his personal life in better order and a more focused desire to be great, we'll see what happens. Obviously, the next big step in the career of Dustin Johnson is to win a major.

Source: Dustin Johnson Is Cadillac Man

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.