• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dustin Johnson Outduels Jordan Spieth at The Northern Trust

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
DUSTIN JOHNSON WON THE NORTHERN TRUST, the first leg of the FedEx Cup Playoffs, by defeating Jordan Spieth in a one-hole sudden-death playoff in Old Westbury, New York.

Johnson began the final round three shots behind 54-hole leader Spieth but caught the Open champion with a closing 66, which included a dramatic par on the 72nd hole. A mammoth drive and a wedge to three feet set up the winning birdie for DJ on the first playoff hole.

"I feel like the game is finally back in form like it was leading into the Masters," Johnson told CBS's Dottie Pepper on the 18th green. "I feel like I'm swinging everything really well. Got a lot of control over the golf ball. I'm feeling really good. Obviously getting the win here today gives me a lot of confidence going into next week and the rest of the playoffs."

"I didn't lose the tournament," Spieth said. "He won it."

The playoffs move on to TPC Boston where the top 100 will compete in the Dell Technologies Championship.
CLUTCH!#QuickHits pic.twitter.com/plHu7mdPe0
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) August 27, 2017

Source: Dustin Johnson Outduels Jordan Spieth at The Northern Trust

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.