• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dynacraft irons?

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I've searched (here and another forum) and found several mentions of dynacraft in general (usually in "what's a good component" type threads,) but haven't found any wordy opinions about them. I'm particularly interesting in the Prophet CNC Forged and the regular Prophet, but wouldn't mind hearing about the Avatar ML/HL if anyone has experience with those.

I'm mainly interested in them because they all just strike my eye as beautiful clubs - lots of GI features, but without all the whiz-bang colors and plugs and crap that so many others have. I'm thinking of slapping a set or two on my christmas list but just wanted to hear a few opinions if they were available. The reason for a set (or multiple sets) is mainly because I enjoy building clubs - if I liked them enough I'd keep them around, if not I could probably sell them locally for enough to get some more stuff to stick together just to have something to do.

As always, any input is greatly appreciated :usflag:

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
They're inexpensive enough heads so why don't you order a couple "test heads" and throw a few together?

I built my Acer XP905 Pros on a whim (had a set of shafts in the shop already) and they turned out to be the best irons I've ever played. It was about a $60 gamble so I wouldn't have felt bad if I didn't like them. In fact, I might have given them to a friend or some junior golfer who needed some decent sticks.

OP
B

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
They're inexpensive enough heads so why don't you order a couple "test heads" and throw a few together?

I built my Acer XP905 Pros on a whim (had a set of shafts in the shop already) and they turned out to be the best irons I've ever played. It was about a $60 gamble so I wouldn't have felt bad if I didn't like them. In fact, I might have given them to a friend or some junior golfer who needed some decent sticks.

I'm on a spending lockdown right now by orders of the wifey or I would :faintthud

I'm considering a set of the 905s, too - although I'd probably go with the the HT or normal 905 rather than the pro. I'm kind of digging that XDS Wide Sole II as a possibility for my pops, too. I saw Lyle giving high praise to the Acers in the past, good to see you echo the sentiment.

OP
B

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I still couldn't find much of anything about them, so my folks ordered me a set for my b-day. Will update with a few pics and impressions just in case anyone else ever searches for info. I went with the supa-dupa-game-improvement-if-you-can't-hit-them-you-don't-have-arms Avatar HL. I embrace the fact that I suck, and might as well use the most helpful clubs I can find. I think the Prophet CNC Forged is one of the most beautiful clubs I've ever seen, but I really don't think I have the game to swing those sticks. I might put them on the Christmas list just for the heck of it, though. I haven't been feeling bad enough about my skill level lately, so they can at least remind me of my place in life before I sell them to someone worthy. Or hell, maybe they'll turn me into a pro.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
MGP said---They're inexpensive enough heads so why don't you order a couple "test heads" and throw a few together?

I built my Acer XP905 Pros on a whim (had a set of shafts in the shop already) and they turned out to be the best irons I've ever played. It was about a $60 gamble so I wouldn't have felt bad if I didn't like them. In fact, I might have given them to a friend or some junior golfer who needed some decent sticks.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> __________________

eeerie---I have had EXACTLY the same experience and opinion.

Go for it

OP
B

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
These are some mighty nice heads for $5. The paint fill is a little sloppy on a couple of the numbers and the weights were kind of all over the place. Honestly the paint is no sloppier than any of the other components I've used, and some OEMs even. I'm truly impressed with what $5 can get you.

I've only swung the 6-iron thus far, and only two times. I pray that it's an accurate indication of how they'll all do, because both shots were absolutely beautiful.

I'll post some pics, details, and performance updates as soon as I get the chance if anyone's interested.

🔥 Latest posts