• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

dynamic gold high launch?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
In addition to seeing that Golfsmith sells Grip Solution for WATER activated grip tape, I noticed they had a full page ad for DG High Launch shafts

I look a quick look at the specs, and if you look at R300, the weight is 117 and the S300 is 122 - step pattern 1.875" .370 and 1.75" for taper both with low bend point for higher launch - $11.69

flip the page and you'll find 118 gram Dynalite Golds with a 1.25" step pattern and low bend point for $10.49

I just don't get it - Is TT just trying to capitalize on the DG name? why offer a product that's so close to an existing product?

also, did they lower the recommended swing speed for the dynalites?

Does the step pattern matter?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Those 2 shafts are miles apart in playability. The step pattern means very little imo.

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Lyle - good to see you back here - can you explain some of the playability differences? I know the regular Dynamic Gold and Dynalites are way different, but this high launch thing has me scratching my head

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Rick,

I misread your post. I though you were comparing the Dynalite golds to the Dynamic golds. I know nothing of these new shafts you speak of, but a quick check tells me they are indeed very similar. Marketing rules.

My reading comprehension skills have taken a noticeable turn for the worst this holiday season LOL.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Rick,

I misread your post. I though you were comparing the Dynalite golds to the Dynamic golds. I know nothing of these new shafts you speak of, but a quick check tells me they are indeed very similar. Marketing rules.

My reading comprehension skills have taken a noticeable turn for the worst this holiday season LOL.

Alcohol induced brain fade? :laugh:

Yeah, I saw an announcement when TT brought out the DG high launch shafts. I did a quick read of the specs and thought they were probably using the marketing pull of the DG brand name to pick up sales of a higher launching shaft (which frankly, a lot of golfers could/should use instead of regular DGs).

For some reason a lot of people see the Dynalite Golds as an inderior shaft vs. the Dynamic Golds. They are just really solid if you want a softer tipped high launching iron shaft. I play them, I love them.

🔥 Latest posts