• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Early season thoughts

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Finally got out to the course today - love these shafts. I'm playing the same heads as last year for the most part, but the biggest problem I had today was hitting great iron shots right over the green - I flew right over 4 greens and had to pitch up from behind the hole. once I learn my new yardages, I think I'll be in good shape - loving the TLT lengths too - very excited about my bag

Great stuff, Rick. The white shit is falling here already, so I'm probably stumped until next week. :(

I just want a week of "teens" temperature wise. That'd be gold. And, I wish I had less shit happening at home. New flooring, basement is gutted (and holding all our furniture from upstairs at the moment, brilliant), and tonight the washing machine had a meltdown. Ya, the new one I got three months ago. Effing POS.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Let me know if that works. If it does, I'll put 79 in my tracker before I go out tomorrow.

LOL - I actually shot 85... even if I would have shot a 78 I would have put in 85 tho ;)

So far I've got 4 rounds in (89, 83, 81, 85) The 7.8 will hopefully be 10 by May :D

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The sexy sticks arrived at lunch. I'll take some pics tonight.

I'll get a full WITB, even tho it's probably too early for that. :D

R35

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
I hear you. I'm going to put the original S300's back in them, swingweight them, then sell them. I wouldn't sell them with the effed up shafts in them. I'll just eat them as an eBay loss. Or maybe I'll just put the shafts back on the bay with this listing:

"Set of five flighted Rifle 5.0 shafts, soft-stepped three steps."

Yeah, those will sell...
Would you sell them heads only? very interested!!!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Why soft step 3 times, why not juts get a full flex down to start with?

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I am really liking the move to Bridgestone, the only thing that I didn't like was the TP6 in the driver, got that fixed by going back to the TP7, should get it out on the course on Wednesday. The irons are as soft as the Miura TP's, but are a little easier to control since they are true blades. The WC wedges are great, nothing over the top as far as groove technology goes, so the ball reacts normally and doesn't do anything crazy.

I may be looking into one of the new Bettinardi Black Carbon or (I can't believe I am typing this) one of the Scotty Cameron Select putters though, the Black I Series feels a little too soft.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.