• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Early thoughts...

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
on some new toys. Managed to get half a day off yesterday and played in a scramble with some of the guys from work and got to test out some of my cabin fever purchases so I thought I'd give some short reviews.

Geek DCT 9*/Accuflex Creation 65S:

I had this put together Weds and took it to the course without ever hitting it. I seemed to have lost some distance going from the UL440 to the Creation but have so much more control it is unreal. I hit 7/12 fairways, 2 bad swings, went through 1 fairways and overdrew the ball on the long drive hole. I marked 4 drives and topped out at 297 with the others being 271, 280 & 276.

TEE 16.5*/Accra SC85:

Fairway - Easy to hit & long.
Off the tee - Long, high & left. Going to have to spend some time figuring out tee height I think.

Nickent 3DX 23*/Vs Proto:

Easy to hit as ever much more control than before and can attack pins from 215 with it.

Cobra Carbon CBs:

This was the first time I’d ever hit these off grass and didn’t have any distances worked out but they were solid from 7-G. Easy to control, went through the turf well. Very please with these. Didn’t get a chance to hit the 2-5 but ballooned the hell out of the 6i both times I hit it. These will take some time to figure out I think.

All in all it was a fun day, course was damp and we missed the rain by about 10 minutes. Should be a fun shootout btw the DCT, FT-I & Quadratic.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online