• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ebay auctions...how long?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I want to get some stuff up on ebay this weekend but don't really want to run 7 day auctions. ON the other hand I don't really like ending auctions on a weekday. Is there a good weekday to end them? How long do you guys run auctions? THanks!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I want to get some stuff up on ebay this weekend but don't really want to run 7 day auctions. ON the other hand I don't really like ending auctions on a weekday. Is there a good weekday to end them? How long do you guys run auctions? THanks!
To me, it depends on the item. If it's something that I think people are searching for (like the Napa putter I just sold) I run it for 5 days. If it's some obscure item, I'll run it for 7 or 10 days. I know common wisdom says to end your auction on Sunday night, but really, I don't think it matters.

RJTee

Dec 5, 2007
Usually 5 days and it doesn't matter what day you end them on, ime.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Usually 5 days and it doesn't matter what day you end them on, ime.

I don't know that it doesn't matter what day, I think friday night is a bad day and during the week mid day is a bad time-I think anyway. I have only ever ended an auction on Sunday night. Mid day during the week seems bad since most people are at work and don't always have access to their computer.

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
IMHO, most semi serious ebayers are using bidding programs nowadays. This negates the advantage you would get years ago by ending auctions at certain times/day.

Just my 2cents - B

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
IMHO, most semi serious ebayers are using bidding programs nowadays. This negates the advantage you would get years ago by ending auctions at certain times/day.

Just my 2cents - B

:thumbs up:

I use my bidding program and I can't even remember the last time I actually entered a bid from the auction page itself (except BIN).

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I run mine 3 days, far to impatient to wait longer than that. Has worked out well for myself.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Just look for how much the item has sold for in the last month, then put the BIN a little below that. I've sold a lot of stuff in a half hour and usually takes overnight and it'll be sold the next morning.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Whatever you do the most important thing is the pictures. Take a few extra minutes to get the best pictures possible of your item. It makes all the difference.

PS. I for one would never buy an item that uses stock images instead of pictures of the actual item.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Whatever you do the most important thing is the pictures. Take a few extra minutes to get the best pictures possible of your item. It makes all the difference.

PS. I for one would never buy an item that uses stock images instead of pictures of the actual item.

YEah, my wife has an awesome camera so I am lucky with pictures. I am big on getting GOOD pictures up, sometimes I will redo shots 4-5 times just to get it just right.

Im with you on the stock image bit too, never bought anything that was just a stock image.

axionn

Mar 16, 2009
I usually set mine up to end friday between noon and 3p, hoping to catch a few extra views from people slacking during work at the end of the week.

Members online

No members online now.