• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ebay deal/steal

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I have been again searching for irons after my cleveland experiment hasn't gone as well as I hoped. Anyhow my dad plays mx23's which I am ok with. A bit clunkier than I would like but ok. So I researched and came up with the fact the mx20's albeit older had a bit smaller head and thinner topline. I dig up a listing for some on ebay and watch it until I finally decide to go for it. Well they got a bit higher than I would like but I was in for $140. Go on vacation....box is waiting when I get home.....bust them open and have a pretty much brand new set of.......mx23's. The listing was of these clubs......basically rarely hit....9/10 set of Mizuno MX-20's. Looking at the 23's on ebay I figure I got a deal and this guy lost out on about 100 bucks.

Anyway stuck them in the bag went to course birdied the 1st and promptly laid down a back nine 37 to shoot 80. So clunky or not they are in the bag.

Jason

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Subliminaly you knew what was going on when you bought those irons, its for the good of your game.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Let me first say that the MX-20s were my biggest ho regret ever!!!

As for the ebay auction, kind of a gray area if you ask me. On one hand you did not get what you thought you were bidding on. On the other hand though you got a newer club and a sweet deal out of it.

The MX-23 is a great set of sticks and very similar to the MX-20; IMHO it is closer to the MX-20 than the model(s) that replaced it (MX-25/200). The 23s will serve you quite well!

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I think I will be happy with them. I knew I was hitting the ball good I just couldn't get the hang of the clevelands.....stick these in the bag and bam it was on

Jason

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Cool man. Were your other irons less forgiving? I got the Titleists I have now and they are a little easier to hit with a tad more offset. I hit them better than the Miuras I had. If I get another set of irons I'll probably go with something even easier to hit than these.

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
These have less offset than my old clubs....The clevelands have pretty much no offset. I can hit them but couldn't handle the 3 of 5 consistency. And my yardages got really whack, which made me start hitting too much club for when I hit a good shot. Basically they are not forgiving, so I hit a little more club but when I hit a really solid shot I would be long. Mizunos are more in line with what I am used to with just a bit less offset. After this I don't know why anyone would play a less forgiving club. I got what I was looking for in the end....an upgraded iron that was still forgiving and long.

Jason

Members online

No members online now.