• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ebay issues...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Has anybody else noticed a change in ebay in the last few days??? I went to "My Ebay" on Friday night and noticed that for some reason the items I was wactching didnt fit on the page any longer. I had to scroll over to see the end time. While this isnt that big of a deal, its a pain in the neck! Does anybody have a solution to this?? I have already tried changing the resolution and that didnt work. Please dont let it come to this... asmileys.smileycentral.com_cat_3_3_8_14.gif

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
ebay has changed its look as had paypal. Would not mind except this changes are not coming up each time especially paypal. Just makes me examine page closely to make sure all my options are set correctly.

Didn't ebay get new CEO recently. This may be related as ebay is trying to increase its profit margin. Another recent news release from ebay business projections. I try to pay paypal with a credit card as I earn significant points however they keep changing the payment page skewing the payment towards withdrawal from my saving account. Believe this is an effort so they get the "float" on the money plus avoided the 2% credit card charge they incur. Frustrates me:(

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
ebay has changed its look as had paypal. Would not mind except this changes are not coming up each time especially paypal. Just makes me examine page closely to make sure all my options are set correctly.

Didn't ebay get new CEO recently. This may be related as ebay is trying to increase its profit margin. Another recent news release from ebay business projections. I try to pay paypal with a credit card as I earn significant points however they keep changing the payment page skewing the payment towards withdrawal from my saving account. Believe this is an effort so they get the "float" on the money plus avoided the 2% credit card charge they incur. Frustrates me:(

Ebay is getting more and more frustrating to me although I must say I usually only buy and don't sell often enough. Like you I link my paypal to a credit card, unfortunately I can't get "verified" by paypal unless I use their credit card or my checking accout... neither of which I would like to do. Oh well, glad to know I am not the only one having issues!!

brillo

Leftswing
Dec 7, 2007
I had similar problems about a month ago and I was told to delete all my internet history, cookies, etc. and it worked. Try that and let me know if it worked.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I had similar problems about a month ago and I was told to delete all my internet history, cookies, etc. and it worked. Try that and let me know if it worked.

Nope, that didnt work. It was worth a shot though.

brillo

Leftswing
Dec 7, 2007
Sorry it didn't work. I've been on Ebay all the time here lately and it's not doing it to me. If you've cleared out all your internet cache and it didn't work, you might want to try to scan your computer to make sure you haven't picked up anything like some spyware or something. There's a good free online scan at "housecall.trendmicro.com". If you scan everything it could take about 30-40 minutes, but it's a very good scanner and it's free. When I had the problem, it got to where I contacted Ebay and two of their techs told me it was my browser. I was hard headed at first because it wasn't doing it that morning, but I did what they said and cleared all my internet cache and it worked. You might have something a little more in depth than I did, but it still sounds like it's something to do with your computer.

🔥 Latest posts