• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ebay question

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Wrote the seller, but he refuses to do anything and says he won't do anything to fix the problem.

edit- I think the problem I will have with the dispute is the listing doesn't say anything about the length, loft and lie, but I sent him a message before I bid and he replied standard. That might be what ends up losing the resolution dispute for me.

Chalk this one up to experience, and blast the seller with the worst possible feedback. Make sure you note that he lied to you in an e-mail.

OP
J

jackace

May 12, 2007
Of course he won't do anything abou it, do you have any idea how hard it is to sell irons that are so drastically customized?! :laugh:

Seriously though, is there any chance the seller was selling a set that he bought used and so he didn't intentionally mislead you but rather just didn't know any better? Grant it, he still shouldn't have replied "standard" if he didn't know for sure.

yeah I'm pretty sure the guy just didn't know, but what gets me is him saying standard and they clearly are not. Here is a picture of the clubs lined up against the wall.http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb304/jackace79/me002.jpg

Its pretty clear by that picture atleast the lengths are not standard. The 3 and 4 iron are the same length and should not be. I knew forged clubs would not always come out completely right on the length and lie measurements, but every club was 2* strong in loft and some had the lie angle off by almost 3*. Basically the clubs aren't just a little off from wear, but are way off and hard for me to even hit some of the clubs.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
yeah I'm pretty sure the guy just didn't know, but what gets me is him saying standard and they clearly are not. Here is a picture of the clubs lined up against the wall.http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb304/jackace79/me002.jpg

Its pretty clear by that picture atleast the lengths are not standard. The 3 and 4 iron are the same length and should not be. I knew forged clubs would not always come out completely right on the length and lie measurements, but every club was 2* strong in loft and some had the lie angle off by almost 3*. Basically the clubs aren't just a little off from wear, but are way off and hard for me to even hit some of the clubs.

The clubs lined up like that does make the length appear suspect. I also agree that a 2+ degree lie/loft difference would suggest pretty severe customization.

I really feel for you as it doesn't sound like you have many options for undoing the deal. The best thing you could do at this point is simply focus on the fact that these really are great clubs and can be re-adjusted to fit you.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I hate this stuff for sure....

By standard, I am assuming you mean the Mizuno standard for L/L/L. As in the club industry, there is no "standard". That is the downfall of buying "off the rack". Every set is different and set up to noone in particular.

That said, I'll do the adjustments for you for $10, but you'll have to pay shipping both ways. If the grips can't be saved, then we'll talk about replacement, but I'd try to slip them off, make the adjustments to length/SW etc., then slip them back on.

Shipping might be expensive, but if you can figure out a way to minimize that, it should be a cheap fix.

Just thought I'd offer. PM if you are interested.

OP
J

jackace

May 12, 2007
Yes I meant factory standard.

Thx for the offer. I'm in the middle of the paypal dispute process atm so I do not want to make any changes to the clubs. It's not so much that they are not correct, but the fact that he lied about it (yes maybe out of ignorance, but still a lie) and it is now costing me more money for a set of clubs then I originally planned on spending because of that lie. If it had been my mistake in not asking I would have taken the lesson, but I specifically asked about that issue to avoid any problems and costs related to that issue.

🔥 Latest posts