• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ebay Strategy Question?

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I listed a set of Project X shafts (new grips and all) on the NZ version of eBay, started $1 reserve hoping to gain interest. Ended it at 7.10pm Monday night...

Had 45 watchers... Waited for that all important bidding war.
SOLD!!!!
$3.50 for the lot! Lol. Guy felt bad picking them up, he paid with a $5 note and said to keep the change.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I took a chance. Started it at $1 for ten days. By day 8 it had 14 bids with a top bid of $72. I withdrew it from auction to avoid the risk of a last minute bidding frenzy not arising. I will relist it. Big Jim was right. Better to do a buy it now and best offer arrangement.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I took a chance. Started it at $1 for ten days. By day 8 it had 14 bids with a top bid of $72. I withdrew it from auction to avoid the risk of a last minute bidding frenzy not arising. I will relist it. Big Jim was right. Better to do a buy it now and best offer arrangement.
How many different bidders? You had probably the best situation going unless it was just 2 guys.

That's a good bit of bids before the last 48 hours...which means lots of people are interested and odds are it was going to go wild in the last hour.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
How many different bidders? You had probably the best situation going unless it was just 2 guys.

That's a good bit of bids before the last 48 hours...which means lots of people are interested and odds are it was going to go wild in the last hour.

Noted.

There were only 4 bidders. One was a greenhorn who was nibbling away with small bids until he finally found the top bid price one of the others had lodged. Who knows, he may have thought he'd pick up a set of clubs for only $72.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Noted.

There were only 4 bidders. One was a greenhorn who was nibbling away with small bids until he finally found the top bid price one of the others had lodged. Who knows, he may have thought he'd pick up a set of clubs for only $72.
How did you make out?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.