• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

eBay Transaction advice please...

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I don't mess with international shipping personally.

US Sales only for me.
It's not a big deal once you've done it a few times. For awhile I was able to sell things overseas for much more than I could here in the states.

There were places I wouldn't consider selling to-anywhere in Asia for example. But Europe, Australia and New Zealand-no prob!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Hey Jim, how much do you usually pay for shipping to Europe? Using the online calculator for the USPS it comes to $93 for a 12.25 lb. package with 49"x7"x6" dimensions. FedEx and UPS wanted a whole lot more.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
So, I just got back from the post office (fun this time of year by the way), and it will cost about $70 to ship this box plus about $4 for $100 worth of insurance.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hey Jim, how much do you usually pay for shipping to Europe? Using the online calculator for the USPS it comes to $93 for a 12.25 lb. package with 49"x7"x6" dimensions. FedEx and UPS wanted a whole lot more.
It's so much because of the length. If you can get it under 48" it will be a whole lot less.

I usually am around $50

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Never ever sell anything to anyone ever online. Lol jK. Had an offer on my Taylor Made blade heads. Buyer is in New Zealand, I have no idea how to figure shipping

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Never ever sell anything to anyone ever online. Lol jK. Had an offer on my Taylor Made blade heads. Buyer is in New Zealand, I have no idea how to figure shipping
Go to USPS.com

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Go to USPS.com
I did that Jim. I entered all the data and it gave me a quote. I then went to the post office to confirm since it was my first international shipping deal and there it was $20 cheaper.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
That's awesome Azgreg. I did the ups.com thing too but it told me about double what the gentleman said it usually costs. I'll just go to the post office if he decides to buy. Or we can work together to get the best way for the best price.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The box I used was triangle box 49" long with 7" sides. Weighed 12.5 lbs. With insurance for $100 it cost $74 to ship.

Members online

No members online now.