• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

eBay Transaction advice please...

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Let it ride. As much as you do on ebay, at some point the numbers are gonna work against you and that's what happened here. He was nice about it, you were nice about it, in the overall scheme of things it's just not worth it to fight it.
That's where I was when I told him to return it....that's where I was leaning when I posted here....

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
My only other suggestion: have a cold beer to help with the pain of the lost money. ;)
I can still make money on the head. Losing the shaft is annoying though.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
harsh one man, can't give any advice - $40 is $40 but to through all the drama.....maybe mail him again - quoting what he said and ask if he is willing to pay for the shaft he broke??

if not - never sell something to him again....

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
harsh one man, can't give any advice - $40 is $40 but to through all the drama.....maybe mail him again - quoting what he said and ask if he is willing to pay for the shaft he broke??

if not - never sell something to him again....
I ended up refunding. Not worth the hassle.

I'm tempted to ema him just to say that I know he broke it...not much point in that either.

I guess I should be glad it was a $20 shaft and not a $200 shaft.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I ended up refunding. Not worth the hassle.

I'm tempted to ema him just to say that I know he broke it...not much point in that either.

I guess I should be glad it was a $20 shaft and not a $200 shaft.
You probably did the right thing, even though it was that douchers fault.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
This is why I wouldn't be that great with direct customer contact. If someone brought that club to me at my business and said, look what your club did. I would have to go ape sh1t howler monkey on his ass for being that daft to slam the club into the ground and blame it on the club.

But seriously, Jim, you did the right thing here.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
This is why I wouldn't be that great with direct customer contact. If someone brought that club to me at my business and said, look what your club did. I would have to go ape sh1t howler monkey on his ass for being that daft to slam the club into the ground and blame it on the club.

But seriously, Jim, you did the right thing here.
I was SO tempted to blast him...but in my head I know I did the right thing. My heart is saying F$@K YOU!!!!

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
Looks like he definitely abused the club. Sucks you ran into a crappy buyer on ebay... I know it's sorta giving in but you might be best served just refunding this dumb ass.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.