• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ecco Fan's - Good Price on some Goretex Flexor

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I am now convinced I will only be buying Goretex Ecco's from here on out just because I think they are some of the best shoes around and after having played out of water hazards as late as yesterday, I am convinced they also need to be Goretex. So seeing them for under $100 is a treat, let alone under $80
Ecco Golf Shoes: Ecco Closeout Flexor City GTX Coffee - Men's

BTW, on the site they look like black, but I beleive Coffee is a dark brown if you look around. Even though I don't need shoes, I will now buy them when they are on sale and not when I need them.

BTW, I think you can get these about $6 cheaper on Amazon after shipping, or at least in my size, but have had good luck with Golfsmith. Can also see the difference in color as I mentioned.
Amazon.com: ECCO Men's Flexor GTX Golf Shoe,Coffee,47 EU (US Men's 13-13.5 M): Shoes

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Thanks for the link Jayhawk. I might have to pick up another pair. I agree, they are the best most comfy golf shoes ever.

A word of caution though to people buying Ecco shoes for the first time. I would try them on first in a local shop first if you can.

I am US size 11 which is EUR 45. But the EUR 45 was wayyy toooo big. I ended up with EUR 43. :D

FYI, tgw.com also has some great deals on Ecco's right now but sizes are limited.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Same thing here with the size. I wear 11 in everything else but Ecco the 9 or 43 fit perfect.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
ah.. too bad i just got two pairs...

i love eccos. very high quality shoes.. expensive for sure though.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Another word to the wise and recommendation for trying them on first. Because of the extra stitching, they also run narrow in many cases. While I wear 13's and the 13~13.5 fit me fine, they are often narrow even among sizes. The Hydromax line are way to narrow for me, although the others fit. Also found their standard casual and dress shoes run really narrow. Last time I went in a store that carried them, I made a point of trying on all the types for future reference.

Tried a bunch of their casual and dress shoes on down in Hilton Head at one of their stores. Most were extremely narrow. Well worth the trip though. Picked up a pair of $179 loafers for around $70 and a Pair of mismarked $200 Yak skin hiking boots for $50. They were on sale and said $50 on the shoe and $100 on the box, while I simply asked which was right, he said I would be getting on of their better hiking shoes for $50.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
ah.. too bad i just got two pairs...

i love eccos. very high quality shoes.. expensive for sure though.

Define expensive. If your feet feel great after the round, you never slip and they hold up extremely well to the elements, it's money WELL spent. No?

That being said, there's no effing way I'm paying retail on a pair of golf shoes. :biglol:

R35

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
Define expensive. If your feet feel great after the round, you never slip and they hold up extremely well to the elements, it's money WELL spent. No?

That being said, there's no effing way I'm paying retail on a pair of golf shoes. :biglol:

R35

uhm.. expensive as in retail price of $400 for a pair of World Class (i think?) ecco golf shoes. or how about more expensive than my driver? iron sets?

haha.. i agree w/ you rock, i didn't pay lot of money for last two pairs, but my first pair was kinda expensive, but it's well worth it. keeps my feet dry, comfortable, and good support. style is also pretty nice.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online