• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ecco Golf shoes

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Rock would make love to Ecco's if he could...actually...he probably has

Never tried them myself but i have never heard anything bad about ecco's thats for sure.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm not a fan of the Casual line from Ecco. They're so much cheaper looking and feeling than the standard golf shoes.

Just my opinion, tho. Ecco makes a great golf shoe, period.

R35

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
Love my Eccos. Threw out my Foot Joys at the beginning of the year. Have two pairs of Eccos, the Casual Cool Ribbon and the Casual Cool Hydromax. Might try a pair of the Adidas Tour shoes or the Pumas down the line, but will have at least one pair of Eccos regardless.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Mine are like slippers - although lambasted on here for being ugly (the shoes, not me) I think they are pretty nice (cognac hydromax's, could be known as City Classic in the USA) looking but to be honest the comfort is the main issue.

I'm looking for a pair of Classic Saddle GTXs in white or white/cognac too and may have just found the puppies. US prices are much cheaper than the UK, even with delivery - it's just a question of dodging the import duty which is down to luck.

I saw a guy at the club with the Ribbon ones, they look better in the flesh than they do in pics. Not sure they are my thing but they looked ok.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Which young guy in here had the post with the orange ones? I've gotta have some of those someday... :thumbs up:

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Which young guy in here had the post with the orange ones? I've gotta have some of those someday... :thumbs up:

That was MG, although "young" is stretching it a bit, I guess everything is relative.

Won't Orange ones attract the bears WBL?

So plain white or the white/cognac saddle? decsions, decisions.

Harold

Sep 15, 2007
I own a pair of Casual Cools after a different brand of shoes rubbed a blister the size of a .50 cent piece on my left heel. Good shoes but it seems the cushioning is a bit thin and it took a while to get used to the flat foot feel. Plus I have a tendenacy to roll my ankles unexpectedly due to the bottoms being more rounded on the transition from the sidewall to the tread. I will probably have another year with the shoes now but I can't say for sure I will go with Ecco's on the next pair. Walking comfort is #1 for me (waterproof #2) and they haven't been the most comfortable pair of golf shoes I have ever owned.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I own a pair of Casual Cools after a different brand of shoes rubbed a blister the size of a .50 cent piece on my left heel. Good shoes but it seems the cushioning is a bit thin and it took a while to get used to the flat foot feel. Plus I have a tendenacy to roll my ankles unexpectedly due to the bottoms being more rounded on the transition from the sidewall to the tread. I will probably have another year with the shoes now but I can't say for sure I will go with Ecco's on the next pair. Walking comfort is #1 for me (waterproof #2) and they haven't been the most comfortable pair of golf shoes I have ever owned.

The Casual lineup is weak from Ecco. Don't judge them by that line alone. I suggest trying the more traditional line before weighing in.

You couldn't give me a pair of the Casual shoes for free. Just as you said, no ankle support, weak materials and no cushion.

R35

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The more I wear my Nike TW Tours, the more they become the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever owned.

Check out the closeouts at our sponsor:

www.golfshoesonly.com

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I passed on the casual cool. Ive read a few things that say the spikes fall out of that line of shoes pretty easily.

I'm going to look at other lines of the Ecco's.

🔥 Latest posts