• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ejdahl21 at it again

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
He and I played Rivermoor Golf Course yesterday in Waterford. I even outdrove him on a couple holes with my 240-250 yard bombs..... but then came the 9th hole. It's a par 4 294 yard uphill and Eric landed his drive on the green and it rolled off the back 20 yards. Once in awhile he really crushes them (straight). Of course the front of the green angled downhill and his chip rolled all the way down and off. Result, WBL par, ejdahl21 bogey. It was a fun day as this course has very narrow, tree lined fairways and was in nice shape. Brand new electric golf carts and they remodeled the buildings some.

Waterford, WI - Rivermoor Golf Club - A Beautiful 18-Hole Public Golf Course Since 1929

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
That's a good poke up that hill. Then you have to get by the ornery geese that are usually sitting near the pond down of the left. My buddy nailed a goose on that hole years ago, and the gaggle was so pissed off we were in fear for our safety. LOL. Where did he end up on the 8th. I've driven that green a couple times.

They really spruced that place up didn't they, though the old clubhouse had a cool 1950's vibe to it. It's a fun little course.

Kevin

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Hooked left over the trees in front of #9 tee box.

LOL. Not a bad approach angle. You almost hit it over the road. You probably got a little excited and wanted to launch one off that high tee box. LOL.

I used to hit a big lefty cut over the right tree line and bounce it right up by the green. The trees are quite a bit bigger now than when I used to play there fairly often. Think 15-20 years bigger. Come to think of it, I'm 15 to 20 years bigger, too. And older.

Kevin

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
They've opened up #8 quite a bit. Took out some big trees and the pot bunker on right side of green. You can actually see the green from the tees now.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I love that hole. Does that big ass tree from the left still encourage a draw on that hole? I haven't hit a draw with a driver in a while. When I played with Greg and George at Fire Ridge I was one tiny branch away from pulling off the best Kenny Perry hook around a tree ever. I aimed waayy right and it was coming around perfect and a little ass branch shot me down.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I even outdrove him on a couple holes with my 240-250 yard bombs.....

Translation: Saturday I will be slicing or hooking every tee shot 175 yds max:D

Played Rivermoor last year, was ok I thought. No signage of any type up nor were any of the tee boxes marked in anyway.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
When I played with Greg and George at Fire Ridge I was one tiny branch away from pulling off the best Kenny Perry hook around a tree ever. I aimed waayy right and it was coming around perfect and a little ass branch shot me down.

Thay was a pretty cool shot, 9th hole.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Them's fightin words Wi!! You wouldn't want to put a little "wager" on longest drive between you and I now would ya?

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Them's fightin words Wi!! You wouldn't want to put a little "wager" on longest drive between you and I now would ya?

Show him what an old feller can do, WBL. Ping the hell out of him.

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.