• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So, I get home from work today and watch PTI-ok show, good to unwind to. After the show is over I get to work on things that need to be done-Dinner, Laundry, get the coffee pot ready for the AM-you know all the domestic crap that if I don't do SWMBO will not be happy when she gets home.

In the background I had sportscenter on. Not kidding, every 3-5 minutes with a friggin' Brett Favre update. OMG!! Longwell et al flew to Mississippi to talk to farve. OMG!!! Favre is now in Minnesota! Could he be at practice tomorrow? How good will the Vikes be without him? and on and on. Of the 47 min the show has been on I bet 30 of those minutes was Favre coverage! At this point I am hoping a bus hits him so we have one or two more days of coverage and then his funeral.

I AM SO SICK OF BRETT FAVRE!!!!!

And frankly does anybody outside of Minnesota and maybe a few Wisconsin people EVEN CARE if he plays or not?????

***ok i don't really want him dead, just off my friggin' TV unless he is in uniform and playing football-don't want to mess with Karma ya know!***

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
OMG, I hit the "submit post" button and Sportscenter comes back from commercial-the lead? BRETT FAVRE!! ARGHHH!!!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Yes, there are some of us who only want him to be hit in a training by Allen and have something broken so his career ends FINALLY

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Football... Favre
Basketball... LeBron
Golf... TW

Seems every sport has a media "go to" persona. During the times when those celebrities are making news... that's the ONLY news. The NFL has a number of new coaches. There are name players that are already on injured reserve. We could see the dynasties... like the Pats... begin to crumble. We could see new dynasties being born. The story, however, is Favre. Is this reminiscent of recent golf telecasts when a certain past champion is not present due to personal issues????

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I usually understand and sympathize with you guys when you grow tired of something like this, and the Favre situation is no different. They are beating it to death, for sure. But really, what else does Sportscenter have to report on right now?

I think the NFL is the biggest sporting association in the country relative to money and viewership, and you could consider Favre one of the grandmasters of the game. Not to mention that his antics over the last few years have created a major controversy, which just fuels the publicity fire.

Now, it might also be that ESPN figures people don't watch ESPN all day. If I turn to ESPN, I don't care who placed 18th place in the Greater Brasilia Marathon. All I want to see is major stuff, and right now that major stuff is Favre.

There's just not enough interesting stuff going on to fill 12 hours of coverage everyday with new and exciting things, and that's not the purpose of ESPN. It's like complaining that your 24-hour local news channel just replays the same 22 minutes of coverage every half hour. You're only supposed to watch it for 22 minutes a day, or maybe morning and night, etc. If there's nothing happening, it's going to be even more repetitive and linear than usual.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I listen to a lot of ESPN radio when I'm in the car going to and from wherever.....one would think that just one show could touch on this subject,,, but no, every radio host has to give their take on this crap, and it's basically the same crap I listen to earlier in the day.

It wouldnt be so bad if we hadnt gone through this last year.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Baseball coverage is getting more and more beautiful.

Maybe with the amount of games no one really cares? I mean, even with Strasburg being EVERYWHERE it was easy not to see him.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
We need MORE Brett Favre coverage!

Wait, I'm in Minnesota. I guess my opinion is skewed a bit. Carry on. :)

🔥 Latest posts